XI

(POV Saylor)

I drive home in silence, since Sofia fell asleep 3 minutes into the ride. I'm so confused on everything that happened in the last 24 hours.

Ms. Jones couldn't stand me 3 days ago, now she wants me to call her Dani outside of school, she made me stay over, helped with my homework, made me open up to her, made me start trusting her, and then just broke the hug out of nowhere. Was it a hug? Do friends do all the things we did? What even are we? She's just my teacher. I'm a student. I overthink everything that happened until I arrive at home.

I park my car and carry Sofia inside.

I lay her down on the couch and cover her with her Frozen blanket. She falls back asleep immediately. It's only 7 o'clock, so I lay down on the couch with her.

School told me that me having to stay home for Sofia wasn't a good enough reason to be absent, and that I'll have detention for every day I miss. Which is bs. I hold Sofia and fall back asleep.

About 2 hours later I wake up to my phone buzzing.

Ezra: why r u not here???? im lonely and Ms. Jones is in a horrible mood.
Me: Sofia's sick and wdym
Ezra: she already kicked 2 ppl out
Me: lol maybe she drank too much again
Ezra: 🙄

It's not my place to talk about anything that happened. We also could get in a lot of trouble. For right now, I just wanna avoid her. Just finish my year and get it over with.

She clearly wasn't happy with me being at her house, considering she's being a bitch in class.
I feel Sofia's forehead, it's not as warm anymore. I decide to get up and get her some medicine for when she wakes up.

~~~

I've been with Sofia all day, she eventually had some yoghurt and took medicine.
It made her feel a lot better, even so much so that she interrogated me about Dani. And that we must go visit soon, because she didn't say bye to Oakley. She fell asleep again when her medicine started to wear out. Thankfully.

It's about 2 o'clock now, and I'm trying to go over my math for tomorrow. If Sofia's still sick, I'll just ask Lisa if she can watch her so I can go take my test and then come straight back. The group was supposed to hang out on saturday, but I'll see how Soof is by then.

I hear my phone buzz again, I pick it up thinking it was Ezra but it's an unknown number.

(unknown): Hi, I was just wondering how Sofia is doing.
Me: She's sleeping. Who's this?
(unknown): Dani
Me: Oh. Yeah she's good.

She probably got my number out of my file.
She confuses me beyond believe. I put down my phone and go back to math.

~~~

Sofia and I ended up spending the rest of the day on the couch. She had some french fries for dinner. I decided to put her in bed early with some medicine, so hopefully she'll feel a little better tomorrow.

It's only 7.30, so I'm sitting on the couch just scrolling on my phone.

I love making boards on Pinterest, it's my favorite thing to do. I have a poetry one, lyrics one, funny one, sky pictures, home interior, literally anything you can possibly think of.

I come across some quotes and save them to my 'me' board.

Most days I am a museum of things I want to forget
- E.E. Scott