XIII

(POV Dani)

"Danielle, hello?" I look up at my sister, Lanie.
She's waving at me. "Sorry, yeah, what?"
She's been going on and on about work and how she doesn't feel appreciated there. I mean, I get it, and sure, it's a horrible feeling.
But either do something about it, or quit. Complaining won't change anything.

"What do you think?"
I sigh, "Follow your heart." She rolls her eyes and goes back to mixing another bash of cupcake batter.

Lanie's older than me, she works for a fashion company. She's an amazing designer, but people don't usually give her the chance to show her potential.

I take out my phone and check my notifications. Some e-mails from other teachers, I'll respond after the weekend.

A message from Cami, she's a history teacher at the same school I work at. She's the only one around my age, which is really nice.
We've hung out multiple times. She's asking if I wanna go out to a new bar in town, I tell her I have a lot of grading to do. Do I actually? No.
I just don't feel like going out. And I like her, but she mostly talks about herself.

I check my conversation with Saylor, I didn't respond after yesterday. I've probably been texting too much. Is it pathetic? No, right?
I'm just worried about her, I mean Sofia. Or both. "Love troubles Dani?"
I roll my eyes, "no." I turn my phone off and get up to help Lanie.

An hour later we're done making all the cupcakes. She has a benefit tomorrow for work, and she offered to make 150 cupcakes.
If she wasn't my sister, she would've been doing it by herself. We've been at it since this morning. I get up and grab my stuff.

"Do you wanna stay over?" I shake my head.
"No thanks Lanes, I love you. I just don't really like your homophobic husband." I wink and walk to the door.

"You're more than welcome to come tomorrow!" She yells and and I wave at her. Ben walks in just as I was about to walk out. He's not terrible, he treats Lanie really good, which I adore.
He's just homophobic, and makes unnecessary comments sometimes.
"Danielle."
"Ben."

I walk out and head to my car. As I'm backing out of the driveway, I notice the clothes Saylor gave me on the backseat. I was meant to give them back to her. I did tell her I'd drop them off this weekend, so maybe I'll just go do that really quick before going home. It's on my way home anyways. I put the car in park and take out my phone; 12am.

It's probably too late to go over, I'll just leave them by her front door and get it over with. If she doesn't wanna talk to me, she doesn't have to. But I'm done being nice.

I turn on the radio and start driving.

Oh, yeah, yeah
Baby, it's 3:00 AM (3:00 AM)
Had you on my mind and it's not the first time
We've gone through this (oh, oh, oh-oh)
Wanting you more and more
I can't help but think of what we could be
Baby, if I could tell you, if I could tell you
How much I care, I'm in despair
Are you still there?
(Just tell me)
Just tell me
How we can make this work?
'Cause baby, if I find a way
I'm sure of it this love won't stray
Just give me a chance to say I love you
I need you
Now are you here to stay
Or fade away like every other day?
You're the reason that I lie awake
Baby, it's 3:00 AM (3:00 AM)
Had you on my mind and it's not the first time
We've gone through this (oh, oh, oh-oh)
Wanting you more and more
I can't help but think of what we could be
Baby, if I could tell you, if I could tell you
How much I care, I'm in despair
Are you still there?
(Just tell me)
Just tell me
How we can make this work?