XXXIII

(POV Saylor)

I can't wrap my brain around what's happened these past few hours. Yesterday, Dani was being a bitch, lecturing me, hurting me with her words, a few hours ago, she showed up on the plane telling me how much she cares and how sorry she is; and right now we just arrived at the accommodation school rearranged for the next 2 weeks.

The drive from the airport wasn't too long, the weather's beautiful, Sophia was staring out the window the entire drive. I wish I could view the world through her eyes, see all the amazing things, little things with no knowledge of the bitter and sadness there is.

We get to a little apartment on walking distance from the art school campus. It's small, but adorable. It's very coastal, light and free-feeling when first walking in.

Sophia immediately runs to one of the bedrooms, runs right back out and screams "this one is mine, it has a bunk bed. Please, Saylor." I laugh, "I don't want a bunk bed go right ahead." She grabs her little carry-on and drags it into 'her' room.

I walk to the other bedroom with Dani following me. I open it to see one queen size bed, I turn around and look at Dani, trying to read her mind.
She looks at me, waiting for me to say something.

"I mean- um; we can share, I guess? If you want, if not I can sleep on the couch. It's no big deal",
I quietly say, she chuckles. "Saylor, if you'd rather not share, I will take the couch. I'm the one who showed up uninvited. Or I'll take the other bunk bed if Sophia feels like sharing."

Should we sleep seperately? It's not like I haven't slept in the same bed as her, but maybe I should be precautious. I couldn't take her doing this again. But I'd feel bad if I let her sleep on the couch. "Sure. Thanks." She nods and walks back to the living room.

We all unpack our stuff and get ready to settle in for the day. I open the curtain and notice we have a balcony. What a fun surprise. I slide the window open and head outside.

It's small, but so lovely. The sides have wooden privacy panels, there's a table with two blue striped cushioned chairs on each side. The best part is by far the view, you can see the far stretch of the ocean's blue waters. I lean on the railing and get lost in my thoughts.

I feel someone joining me, I look to my side and see Dani taking in the view too. I smile and she smiles back. "Hi." "Hi." We both look away and admire the view.

"It's beautiful here, Saylor."
"It is, isn't it."
"Are you mad, that I came?"
I look at her. She meets my eyes.
"No. I'm not mad."
"Hm, alright then."
"I'm still scared, though."
"I know."
"I'm glad you're here."
"Me too, Saylor. Me too."

She puts her hand on mine and smiles, I put my head on her shoulder and stare back at the ocean. I don't think I ever want to leave this place, this balcony, this moment.

"Um helloooooooo!" We both look at each other and quickly turn around, Sofia's standing behind us looking at both of us. I chuckle, "yes?" She raises her eyebrow, "are we eating soon or are you guys just going to keep standing there?"

I raise my eyebrow and grin, "saylor, don't you dare, please do-" I run her way and pick her up while I start tickling her.

"Who do you think you're talking to missy?"
"Huh"
"Huh"
"Say- lor- plea- seeeeee let me go!" She protests.

Dani's standing in the balcony opening enjoying the show, "Dani please help me!"

"Sorry kiddo, this is too fun to watch you're on your own."
"WHAT!"

She starts hitting my back with her little hands to try and get me to let her go. I finally put her down, she sighs and groans at least 100 times before giving me a mean look.