XXVIII

(POV Saylor)

I wake up that monday morning, both dreading and feeling excited for today. It's the first day back to school after the long weekend, and while I'm looking forward to seeing Dani and catching up with Ezra, I'd rather stay home and avoid confrontation with the group, or anyone for that matter. It's gonna be so awkward.

I sigh and get up. While I get ready, I reminisce about the past weekend and can't help but smile. I probably look like a complete idiot that is head over heels in love, gross.

Dani obviously stayed over that night, we talked for hours until the early morning about the most random things, and it felt comforting. We didn't talk about my past, or the drama, or my parents, or whatever we are, but about life, things we enjoy, movies we like, songs we like, things we relate to, and we just couldn't stop talking. I'm almost sure we both fell asleep mid conversation, because I don't remember it ending.

We had breakfast that morning, and then she left, because she had schoolwork to do. "Teacher stuff." I felt a knot in my stomach when I heard her say those words, because we both knew this wouldn't be easy. She could go back to her boundary any second, and I wouldn't even be surprised.

Even thinking about it ruins my entire mood. Dani is the only person in my life that has made it easy to talk to, and open up to. She's also the one that makes me so frustrated and annoyed.
I chuckle at that thought and then shake my head. Why does she have to be my teacher.

I get dressed and make breakfast for both Sofia and I. I wake up the little gremlin and do her hair while she eats.

"Saylur qwuestian." She says with her mouth full of cereal. I chuckle. "Yes?" She looks up. "When is Dani coming again?" I raise my eyebrows, "missy, you literally saw her 2 days ago."
She shrugs her shoulders, "and?"

I swear she's already a teenager at age 6.
"Fine, I'll ask"
"Now you're talking."

I roll my eyes and throw her over my shoulder when she finished her cereal and tickle her all the way to her room. Maybe it'll tickle the attitude out of her. One can hope.

She gets dressed, we brush our teeth and head out.

I drop her off at school, she ran in immediately, even almost forgot to wave. She said she was so excited to tell Chloe what she dressed up as for Halloween.

I'm on my way to school, I arrive a few minutes before the bell rings, so I decide to just listen to music and time me going in so I'd get in class just when the bell rings. No room for conversation or confrontation.

send me your dreams
where nobody hides
give your tears to the tide
no time-

I turn the car off and head inside. I arrive just in time. Good timing , Saylor. I walk through the door as the bell rings. Everyone stares as I walk in. Great. I sigh- "good morning to all of you too? my god get a life."

Dani's at her desk and just ignored it. She probably doesn't want to give it any attention or make it worse, which I appreciate.

I walk towards the back of the room, I see Ezra saved me a seat, I mouth her a thank you and plop down. I look over at Dani, she gives me a small smile, barely noticeable but I give her a small one back.

She closes her computer and stands up from behind the desk.

"Alright class, hope you enjoyed your long weekend. Let's get back to learning. Open your book on page 153 please. Aaron, why don't you start reading."

Class was fine, boring, but at least it was quiet. Dani looked my way quite a few times and mouthed an "are you okay" when no one was looking. I just nodded.