Chapter 8 - A Mysterious Rendezvous *

Yvaine's POV

As Ominis started to pull away, uncertainty gripped me, and a surge of fear raced through my veins. Desperate to keep him close, my arms instinctively wrapped around his neck, and our lips fused together in a kiss. It was a moment of surrender, an exploration of uncharted emotions that ignited a fire within me.

As our lips met, it felt as though Ominis peered into the depths of my very soul. It was a connection that surpassed the limits of sight. That first kiss was a promise of all that laid ahead. His hands gripped my waist, each touch conveyed a polite yet seductive invitation.

"Yvaine, we shou—" Ominis began to say, his words cut off by the urgency of another passionate kiss. It was a dance of desire, where every touch conveyed a hunger that words could never fully capture.

Another familiar surge of energy allowed me a momentary pause, clearing my mind of that wonderful passionate haze.

"Yvaine?" Ominis called out, his voice filled with concern as his fingers tenderly brushed against my cheek.

Apologies stumbled from my lips, a mix of uncertainty and excitement filling the air. "I'm sorry... I'm not sure if I should be sorry... I mean, I don't have much experience with these situations," I confessed, my words stumbling over one another, betraying my nervousness.

His curiosity piqued, Ominis inquired further, "Situations? Do you mean kissing or something more?"

A smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I reflected on my past. "All of it, really. Well, I did have one kiss before, but it caught me off guard, and I ran away from the person," I admitted, memories of that fateful encounter resurfacing with Sebastian.

Taking my hand gently in his, Ominis brought it to his lips, planting a soft kiss on my knuckles. "Well, I hope you won't run away from me," he remarked playfully, a hint of amusement lacing his voice. "But it does surprise me... I mean, men must have thrown themselves at you."

I furrowed my brows, genuine confusion etching my face. "What do you mean?"

"Yvaine, I may not have sight, but from what I gather and hear from everyone, and even Sebastian back then... you're utterly beautiful... breathtaking, inside and out" he confessed, his voice tinged with a mixture of admiration and vulnerability.

I couldn't help but stumble over my words, attempting to downplay my own significance. "If they did, I never noticed... where I come from, these things aren't considered important... not given high value," I admitted, my gaze averted, hiding the true depths of my emotions.

In that moment, Ominis pulled me into his embrace, offering solace and comfort that quieted the rising anxiety within me. It felt like he was enveloping me in a protective shield, his presence a sanctuary of warmth and security.

Before long, he broke the silence, accompanied his charm. "Dear, we don't have to discuss this any further unless and/or until you're ready to open up about it, okay?" he reassured me, his words carrying a gentle tenderness that melted any remaining doubts. It was a new side of Ominis, one that filled me with a sense of trust and safety.

"Now get some rest, little witch," he said with a smirk, adding charm to his words. His lips grazed mine, leaving a lingering sensation, before he planted a gentle kiss on my forehead. An attempt at restraint and being respectful.

That night, my mind swirled with emotions, unable to calm the rush we had shared. Thoughts of our encounter played on a loop, etching themselves vividly in my memory. Love, an unexplored territory, now occupied my thoughts, a captivating enigma demanding attention. As a future ruler of an underwater realm, my responsibilities had always been focused on strength, capability, and loyalty and findings complimentary qualities in a future partner equally capable at running the realm. I never experienced love right? Well I'm not sure what love even is. As a mermaid, our emotions are experienced differently compared to a normal human. However, I've never experienced this with Alaric in all the time we've been betrothed.