Chapter 5- a danger to himself and others

He had just arrived at the hospital. He had a few stitches in his head a few burns on his feet as a couple cuts. Which would of allowed him to go home after an examination but he had been drugged four times with a Highly addictive drug and was dehydrated and starving making the effects that much worse so he had to stay the night to detox.
Saint Mary's on springstons road room 402 tell the front desk your my emergency contact. He needed to see her. Although he didn't want his team to know who she was if it meant seeing her after the last few days he would show the entire bureau. They rarely messaged but he figured that a text would be acceptable after being tortured for two days.
"We're not leaving you alone kid" Morgan was sitting in the chair next to the hospital bed, eating Spencer's jello. "I won't be alone Evelyn and grace are gonna be here soon." That was something he didn't want to let slip but he was a little bit groggy. "Evelyn and grace. Who is grace I know who Evelyn is I called her. Spencer are you a playa" Morgan joked shuffling his chair closer. "What! No they're my friends" the idea was absolutely ridiculous "but I don't want you to meet them so please leave." Morgan put a hand over his heart and fell back into the chair dramatically "how dare you am I not good enough for these mystery friends." A weak smile grew on his face "no sorry they're VIP" he joked he wasn't wrong they were very important people to him and celebrities to the rest of the world. Morgan got up patting him in the shoulder "you call me if you need anything" Spencer nodded in confirmation.
"Hi we're here to see Spencer Reid" the lady behind the desk looked up at evelyn and grace. "Name"
"Oh um evelyn Lewis  and grace Moore." The lady's face lit up "oh my god I thought I recognised you your those girls in that new horror show that's coming out, can I get a photo"
"Oh um maybe later but we really need to see him, um Spencer Reid" she tapped on the keys in-front of her "you can go in but she can't she's not listed as an emergency contact or family" she pointed to grace "what if I give you a photo and an autograph" the lady behind the desk contemplated the offer "two photos" grace nodded and frantically signed the paper the lady had passed her
Click
Click
"He's in room 402 down the hall last room on the left" the two girls bolted down the hall even though they had been shouted at not to run.
"Spence?" The two girls peered through the door. His full face light up. He looked awful his skin had a greyish tinge it was still better then how he looked when the team had found him. In the corner of his forehead there were a few stitches stopping at his hairline his foot was wrapped in bandages and he had an iv and all other sorts of wires and other hospitals computer thing connected to him "hi" his voice was raspy and chocked but it was him the same boy they had met two years ago the same guy who has been there for her when her scumbag boyfriend dumped her or when she couldn't get a special effect contract. She loved to act but she would pick the makeup she always had. It didn't pay as much and it didn't boost her social standing but it's what she loved. The two girls ran inside wrapping him in a hug "I though I was gonna loose you" Evelyn whispered as she stifled a sob "yeah two years of your random facts isn't even close to enough" grace laughed back. They weren't as close that was a given and she wasn't as sentimental but the thought that he might die shook her to her core. "I'm glad your safe" she spoke softly releasing him from the hug and planting herself in the grubby hospital chair.
"You know I had to bribe the lady at the front desk to get in here" she laughed as Evelyn sat in the chair that Morgan previously resided in. And they sat there all evening. Until grace was caught and banished from the hospital room by the head nurse. And then Evelyn stayed until visiting hours were over. It seemed only parents could sleep over with their kids in the hospital she hadn't know that. The last time she went to the hospital was her twelfth birthday when she got scarlett fever and had to spend the night going to different wards trying to stay awake to listen to them. "You get to leave tomorrow right, I'll come pick you up we can get coffee or we can just go home and watch a movie or we can sit in silence and read or I can make you an actual meal or whatever" she laughed as she collected her things . The head nurse stared daggers into her back she could feel them "bye Spence I'll see you tomorrow." She gave him one last sad smile before being ushered out by the nurse.