Chapter 7

Light was feeling the pain getting worse and worse, as his stomach was hurting a lot. He was hooked to an IV as well, due to how dehydrated he was and barely able to move around a lot. L stoked his hair, making sure he doesn't pass out again as he did so an hour prior. He started having a really horrible fever and moaned a lot in pain, breathing heavily. He was unable to keep his eyes open and L confronted him, holding his hand. That same night at the hospital, Light was resting and L was watching him, making sure everything was alright with him. But it's not as he had this infection that was really bad.

"Light, try to rest as you can." He told him, holding his hand as he had a D&C procedure not long ago. Light was truly sleeping from the anesthetic he was given and holy shit, he was close to crying as the surgery itself was making him this emotional. More than ever. It was then his family and Watari showed up and saw Light all tired and weak.

"He's been sleeping a lot as a result. Not to mention, the procedure nearly killed him due to the blood loss." L explained, blinking his eyes from crying. Two hours went by and Light was still sleeping, feeling dizzy and started to open his eyes. Once he finally did so, he saw his entire family, minus Matsuda. He didn't know what was going on at this moment and started crying hysterically again as he had just remembered why he's in the hospital. L held his hand and kissed it, then stroked his cheek as he continued to cry.

"Everything will be okay, Light. I'm right here." The world's greatest detective said to him, soothing him as well. He was truly in the worst feeling he's ever been in and it really made him worthless, horrible and guilty even. Especially not knowing he was pregnant or felt any symptoms in his first trimester, this just made the younger Yagami wish this never all happened. A doctor showed up not long later and saw Light awake.

"Light, how are you feeling?" She asked, hoping to get a sentence from him. Nothing came out of his mouth and she understood quite well what's going on still. Light placed his hand in his lower stomach as it was truly hurting still to the point, it was cramping a lot and he moaned in agony. "It's alright, Light. You will experience this for a while and once that's gone, you'll be okay." The older woman said to him, making sure he understood her. The very next day, Light was already at home and laying down in his side of the bed. L held his hand and stroked his forehead, combing it slightly.

"Light, I know you don't want to talk about how you feel and it's understandable, but please don't leave yourself silent any longer than ever. It's been 6 weeks already." He told him, trying to remain patient with his fiancé and best friend. "If you can't talk about your feelings with any of us, you'll hurt yourself again. Is that what you want?" L said, his voice cracking and tears started flowing in his dark eyes.

"Our baby is dead because of me..." Light sobbed, saying how he feels about the whole miscarriage itself.

"Don't say that! You never once did anything harmful or did something that could damage our child." L said, placing his hands in his shoulders.

"It feels like it's my fault...I didn't take a pregnancy test, nor did I see a doctor about it..." He answered tearfully some more, crying some more than ever. "Oww..." He moaned, clutching his stomach as it still hurt from the procedure itself.

"You'll be fine in no time, hang in there." L softly told him, stroking his belly as it was having discomfort as well. Shortly after, Light fell asleep and dozed off and L kissed him. He then went to see what Watari was doing and found him cleaning the floor. "Light finally spoke today." He told him with a frown in his face.

"What did he say?" He asked, wondering as he cleaned some more.

"He said that our baby died because of him and how he didn't take a pregnancy test, as well as seeing a doctor." He explained to him the whole thing. Watari couldn't believe it. The fact that Light finally spoke and simply blamed the miscarriage on himself, is so horrible and really saddening. L started to cry, feeling like he should've taken better action during that faithful night when he and Light had sex. "Watari, to tell you the truth, Light and I went to having sex and I thought I used protection correctly. Turns out I didn't and I didn't realize how badly I fucked up. I'm sorry." He sobbed.

"I understand. You have every right to be upset about this." The older gentleman said, confronting him about it. We then see Matsuda in his apartment, looking for a job as he is no longer at the Task Force or NPA for all that matter. He's been extremely upset since Soichiro basically fired him and banned him from seeing his family again. The door knocked and he went to see who it was.

"Matsuda, please forgive me! I'm sorry!" Soichiro screamed, crying hysterically at the 27 year old as he hugged him. Matsuda was unsure what to say, as he's never seen him this upset ever and couldn't even think what to do. "I can't lose another son, seeing you're the closest to being my son in law and if I ruin every chance of it, I'll never be forgiven." Soichiro said as he continued to sob some more.

"I understand. I am sorry for being an idiot and being super unprofessional towards you and Aizawa." Matsuda answered and hugged him, stroking his hair, while also rubbing his back. Soichiro felt better afterwards, wiping his eyes and got his glasses on. He then told Matsuda to start working again tomorrow and left shortly after. It was then the 27 dark haired year old smiled of joy and went to take a shower, shaving his stubble as well.