Chapter 17

That same day, Light ate a lot and felt extremely full as his Taco Bell meal was insanely good. L ate some of his, only difference is that there was no cheese as he is lactose intolerant. Regardless, he still ate and wasn't full due to how his metabolism and underweight appearance makes him. Light found himself still hungry and went for the remaining cheese from the Nacho Supreme he had. Though for some reason shortly, he did feel still full and closed the container with the lid.

"Man, if only Taco Bell had good use of calories, I would be eating like a skinny person all day." Matsuda said, feeling himself close to getting a belly full of food making him full.

"Yeah, well you are a skinny man." Aizawa said, laughing at him.

"I'm a growing boy, deal with it." He laughed back, finding this amusing as well. "I'll become a super fat half Japanese, half American man and everyone will be surprised." Matsuda joked and Mogi and Ide, stared at him in disgust.

L laughed hysterically and Light ended up falling asleep as he was very tired today during the whole sex session with L again. He closed his eyes, placed his head down in his desk, taking his glasses off first. When Light woke up, he felt another headache and couldn't stop blinking because of it. He got his glasses on and felt a lot better. He still hasn't worn contact lenses as he still needs to get used to wearing glasses, but he figured that maybe he should go for lasik instead. He went to speak to Soichiro, who was trying to do his work. "Dad, there's something I have to tell you." He said, trying to get his attention.

"Sure thing, Light. Ask me anything!" He smiled, allowing him to sit next to him and he did so.

"What do you think of lasik?" He asked him, wondering if he is okay with it or not. Mostly because he also wears glasses but simply because his vision isn't good either.

"I-um...okay, so you really want to know my word on it? I'd say if you want to get it, wait until you're older. Not that I have anything against the procedure, but I want you to wait until it's been several years since you started wearing glasses." The older Yagami answered, slightly nervous and intimidated by surgery itself as he's always like this with it.

Like when he had a vasectomy, he was about to have have it, only to chicken out and freak out even more so. But he still went along with it, as there was no way he can take care of Light and Sayu as small children while taking some time off work at once, while Sachiko had her tubes tied and recovering from it. Light got up and walked away, thinking that maybe having lasik was indeed not a good idea and sighed, knowing there is no use for him to be off his glasses fully. He can't obviously go to Ryuk or any of the Shinigami for help as they would be like, "yeah, we know how to." Only to give him Shinigami eyes and he doesn't want that.

That same day, Light was shopping with Watari and L. L sitting in the basket like a child, while Watari was pushing him. He didn't seem to mind as his adoptive son does this a lot. Light went off with his basket to get his own groceries as he was not in the mood to eat what Watari is making. Mostly because he was just not feeling great at the moment. Not sick, but upset mostly. Ryuk showed up and met up with Light, who was in the produce isle.

"Ooh, apples!" He smiled gleefully, surprised to see them all so stacked up in a nice and orderly fashion. He then poked one, leaving a hole in it and laughed maniacally, which scared Light for some reason.

"Ryuk, please don't embarrass me. You're clearly scaring me." The younger Yagami said, tears flowing from his eyes as he looked down.

"I'm sorry to hear that, Light. Is everything okay?" Ryuk apologized, then asked how he is doing.

"No. I just don't understand what I want anymore. For instance, I asked Dad about lasik and he said to wear my glasses longer. Which I guess is 10 years." He answered, crying his eyes out some more.

"Light, if I may ask, what is lasik? Ryuk asked and Light explained to him what it is and what it does, which made the Shinigami freak out. "No thanks. If I were a human again, I would never have a deadly procedure into my eyes. I'll go blind and die blind." He said, which Light sighed.

"You won't get blind. You'll actually have clear vision." He said, continuing to walk around some more and sat in the table where the deli itself is. An employee saw Light and spoke to him.

"Would you like to order anything, sir?" He asked him and he nodded, going for Maki, Temarizushi, Narezushi, Chirashi Sushi, Hako Sushi
and Kaburazushi as those were for his family and himself. "All right. Your order will be here shortly." The employee said and Light thanked him.

That same night during dinner, L looked at Light who was eating his Kaburazushi and saw how hungry he was. He smiled, knowing he probably was just that happy right now and it showed a lot. Light was truly happy indeed, knowing he doesn't feel as upset anymore about the whole mess from earlier. That same night even more so, he cuddled next to L, holding his hand.

"L, I have something to tell you. Our dinner being our favorite types of sushi made me realize that my happiness worked because I forgot all about my sadness from today." He said, grinning so huge that it was a genuine one indeed.

"I'm glad to hear that. But what made you sad?" He asked, wondering so he can help.

"It's really nothing too serious. Mostly Dad saying no to lasik for me. But that's it." He said, going to sleep as he was super exhausted and tired from the day itself. L shrugged it off, going to sleep as well.