𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺-𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

"THAT MUST'VE HURT."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Umi didn't realize how long she's been out, even after sunset.

"So Umi! Aina's been blabbering all about herself..tell me about you."

When the little girl's parents found their daughter, they saw her and Umi talking as if it were nothing. They also noticed the tear stains that covered Umi's cheeks, inviting her for dinner.

"What do you want me to say?" Umi asked. She wasn't wearing any makeup, just her and her bare face and it seemed to have saved her from anyone asking her any questions or to be following her. "Are you in high school? You look young!" Aina's mother asked, smiling.

"No, I graduated last year. I'm in college though."

"Really! So is my oldest daughter! She goes to SNU. What about you, Umi?"

"Wait really? I do too.." she mumbled, dragging her fork across her plate before picking up some of her food. "You might know her. Her name is Hyejin. She's a really smart girl!" the mother complimented.

"I don't anyone of that name, but i'm sure if I saw her I would probably recognize her." Umi said, taking a bite of her food as the taste slowly started to remind her of her mother's cooking. Aina's father immediately noticed the sudden saddened look on Umi's face, nudging his wife's arm.

"Is the food alright? I try my best with it." she said, Aina looking over to the older girl, waiting for her response. "It's really good..it reminds me of my mom's cooking." Umi chuckled, placing a hand over her mouth as she spoke.

"I'm glad. I would love to tell her that her daughter is a very sweet girl."

"Thank you." Umi smiled, holding in her tears before she began eating again. "Why were you out for so long? It's very cold this season and you only had a sweater on." the father then spoke up. "I was clearing my mind." Umi responded, not knowing how else to put her situation into words.

"I understand. Sometimes it gets too much that you don't worry about what else is around you. My daughter is the same. She worries me though— a lot actually." her mother scoffed, the memories of her oldest child coming to play. "Hyejin's very weird too!" Aina added, earning a look from her parents as Umi laughed.

"Do you have siblings?" the father asked. "No, i'm an only child." Umi replied rather quickly as Aina nodded her head. "I already asked her this question!" Aina said, crossing her arms as her mother ruffled her hair. "I bet you asked her a bunch knowing your loud mouth."

Soon the front door opened, revealing a young girl coming in. "Hyejin is that you?" the mother turned in her chair, smiling at the sight of her oldest child. "Yeah! It's me!" she said, taking off her shoes and coat after coming home from work as she started heading towards the dining room.

Once Hyejin looked up from her phone, she immediately screamed upon seeing Umi sitting at her table. "Mom! You— She— How?! What?! Mom, th-there's an idol sitting at our table?!" she started to freak out as Aina glanced up at Umi, noticing her nervous state.

"I think..I should go.." Umi mumbled, sitting up until Aina held her arm. "Hyejin's just weird, finish your food." the younger girl said, patting Umi's hand as she slowly sat back down.

"Hyejin, you think I don't know that? Now can you please sit down and eat dinner." her mother sighed before her eyes wandering back to Umi. "I am so sorry..if you knew that we knew who you were we figured you must've ran off to somewhere unsafe." the mother said as Hyejin kept her eyes on Umi.

"It's..okay. It felt nice." Umi mumbled, her appetite leaving her stomach as she placed her fork down. "I'm guessing you all saw the video?" she asked out of curiosity. "I have." Hyejin said, not knowing how to place herself in the conversation.

"But it honestly seemed as though you were just overstimulated and they were pushing you.." she added, Umi nodding her head. "Honestly, don't worry about those rude comments. They don't understand what you might be going through." the mother spoke gently.

"I mean it's fine..I understand where they're coming from, but now everything's just going to be so much more harder. Going to school, work, everything." Umi said, feeling Aina hug her. Her head tilting down as she smiled at her.

"You know she has the same name as my mom." Umi pointed towards the younger girl. "We do." they chuckled. "When's your birthday?" Umi asked. "December 1st!" Aina replied with a huge smile. "Same birthday too. Crazy." Umi laughed, giving the young girl a side hug.

Umi then glanced over to Hyejin, watching as she tensed up. "How'd you get that cast?" Umi asked, pointing to Hyejin's arm as she glanced down at it. "Oh uh this?" she chuckled nervously. "I kinda hit a pole while driving. It was raining so hard and I couldn't see anything." Hyejin shook her head.

"Ouch. That must've hurt." Umi said, trying to make conversation. "It really did! It was so unexpected too!"

After diner, their father offered Umi a ride back home, but the girl refused. If anything, she would rather be anywhere but home. So they didn't want her to feel uncomfortable so they let the girl sleep in Hyejin's room.

Though, Umi pleaded that they wouldn't tell anyone that she was there, even if someone came to the door asking if she were there. They gave her worried looks, all knowing she was well known, but they promised and kept it.

Umi felt as though she finally had a rested night.

In the morning, they ate breakfast and soon dropped her off home.

It wasn't to their surprise that she lived in a wealthy neighborhood, after all, her mother was a famous guitarist and her father was a famous surgeon.

They said their goodbyes to the girl, wishing her the best and to keep strong before they drove off. Umi watched in despair, wanting to leave with the family and dreading the fact that she had to go back inside her own home.

"Umi?"

She immediately turned around, facing her father. He had heard a car pull up, wondering if it was her and went to check, only finding his own daughter standing at the end of the walkway.

Jaemin immediately pulled her into a tight hug, crying into her shoulder and giving her no room to move, not wanting to let her go, ever.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I should've been more understanding with you. I wasn't thinking about how you feel and everything that was happening with you. I'm sorry, Umi. I'm so sorry i'm not a good dad to you, i'm trying my best.." he cried and cried.

Umi could only cling onto the end of his shirt, her lips quivering before she bursted into tears. Her father was all she really had left and hearing him lower himself made her heart break more and more.

"No i'm sorry for getting mad at you. It's not you're fault dad! It isn't. I'm sorry! I'm really sorry!" she sobbed into her father's shirt, sniffling as she felt him squeeze her just a bit tighter.

"It's okay..as long as you're here.."

.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆. .⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.