𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

"I'M HAPPY."

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The two sisters sat on the couch, all waiting patiently for their father to speak.

"Well..sorry this is kinda of awkward. I'll explain it all though." Jaemin said as Minjoo and Umi sat quietly, both of their eyes on him. He was more than nervous, especially since he was doing all the talking by himself. It took him a minute to try and recollect his thoughts, figuring out how to put his words together and how to not make it seem so harsh.

Jaemin started off by saying how their mother couldn't have children. She struggled with infertility and just having one kid would mean so much to her, but at that time, when they found out she was pregnant with Minjoo, the two didn't have the time to take care of her.

Bomi thought about it long and hard, she knew that Minjoo could be the only time she would have a child, a daughter at that, so she kept her even if she wasn't going to raise her. The only other person she knew who would be able to take care of the girl was Mrs. Han.

She was only a few years older than Bomi, not by so much to make a huge difference. Mrs. Han adopted Minjoo and of course gave all the love she could to the girl. Jaemin went on about how they told Minjoo they were her actual parents instead of hiding it. Minjoo of course was happy, after all she was used to seeing the two everywhere she went so it didn't come much as a shocked.

What they didn't expect was that Bomi would be pregnant a few years later. This time they were settled down, both not as busy as they were before with Minjoo. They were both extremely happy of course, they were welcoming their second child.

Minjoo was more than happy to hear that she was getting a baby sister. She was always Umi's caretaker from then until now, promising their mother that she would protect her no matter what.

Though the topic of Minjoo being Umi's sister came up multiple times. Bomi and Jaemin didn't know when it was right to explain the situation to their youngest daughter. She was still young and accepting new information so her reaction could go either way.

It wasn't until they hit a curb, finding about Umi's mental disorders at such a young age. They tried their best, wanting to give the girl as much as they could just like how they did with Minjoo, but they were scared that it was too little and not enough.

They knew Umi struggled so much during her high school years so they didn't want to pile more on top of her shoulders. Once they saw that Umi was slowly coming back to her old self, they had planned to tell her, but that option immediately came to a halt when Jaemin found out about his wife's passing.

After that the topic never came to mind, he was more busy worrying about the health of his youngest daughter than to tell the truth about her hidden older sister. Minjoo understood it all and Jaemin never felt more guilty. The girl was so understanding it hurt.

It hurt to know that she wasn't one bit mad at her parents.

Umi felt saddened after hearing her father explain everything to her. She knew their must've been a reason to everything, that's why she didn't get mad as she thought she would or maybe it was the meds she was taking that were helping her. Either one, none explained why she bursted out into tears.

She found herself crying more than usual, even for the smallest things. She cried knowing her mother and father did their best for their two children, that they did what they absolutely could to make them happy although they weren't all together.