𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

"WHO?"

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

Umi walked down towards her mother's studio room, opening the door and finding herself in it once again.

There were just a few more days left until she had to reach her deadline. Jaemin was up sleeping in his room and Suki was off to find a job. Her eyes kept looking at that safe that was under the desk, pondering about what was in it.

She tried looking for the key, hoping that her mother's music sheets were in the locked safe, but no keys were to be found. Umi sighed loudly and deeply, it seemed more like a treasure hunt than working her for album.

She then sat on the chair, rolling back a bit as she glanced off to the side while her eyes were met with the side of her kitchen. Umi's head tilted once she was met with her father's keys that were set right on the table. It didn't hurt to try so she stood up and snatched them right off and went back into the room.

Umi attempted to place each key into the locket, some going half way and some only reaching just the tip. She wasn't so sure as to why her father had so many keys, but didn't question it. She placed the last one in, her eyes widening once the key was all the way through.

She turned it and eventually she had opened the safe. She nothing but random files, contracts of just her mother's band. She looked through each of them before finding an envelope that looked out of place.

Umi read her mother's and father's name on it, an address just below it before she opened the envelope. Her fingers grabbed whatever was poking out first and took it out, only for her eyes to widen once again. She wasn't that shocked to see pictures of an ultrasound, after all her mother did have her.

Though when Umi looked closer at the date, she realized that it wasn't the year she was born, but a couple years back. Her parents never talked about another child before her, not once so she was confused as to who the child might've belonged to, yet her eyes read the patient's name and it was clear to say that her mother was the one carrying the baby.

"But.." she mumbled, confused as to how this could all happen. Umi dug deeper into the envelope, dumping the folded papers that were inside it and picking up the first one she saw. Adoption papers. The baby was adopted by none other Mrs. Han, Bomi's old manager.

Umi only knew Mrs. Han had one child and that one child was Minjoo. She questioned whether or not she hid the child for privacy reasons or maybe that child was actually Minjoo. Umi scattered the papers around, finding the birth certificate that was behind the rest.

"Who..?"

Na Minjoo. It read. She couldn't figure out as to why they decided to give up Minjoo for adoption and not take care of her as their own. She thought maybe they couldn't and that there was too much pressure on them, but the thoughts were endless.

Umi sat in shock, not knowing what to do with the information she had just found out after nineteen years. She kept looking through the papers, one that had her mother's name on it, along with a test result. Infertility was something Bomi had dealt with and being able to have a child, not knowing if Minjoo were to be her last one was something she thought about deeply.

Bomi and Jaemin had been in Minjoo's life of course. They weren't able to raise her, but by the time she was five she understood why. They were meant to raise Umi after all. Minjoo wasn't mad at them, Bomi and Jaemin still treated her as if they hadn't gave her up at all.

Minjoo was shared the same love they had given Umi, it's just that Umi's love was more public than Minjoo's. Though that didn't stop Bomi and Jaemin from loving Minjoo, they always did her birthday parties, her christmas gifts, everything so she wouldn't feel left out.

Minjoo couldn't ask for anything more of course, she was just happy that they actually gave the effort into being her parents instead of abandoning her.

"No wonder she's so protective of me.." Umi muttered, feeling the need to suddenly cry as she bursted into tears. She couldn't blame her parents, but she did want answers. She always wanted a sibling to grow up with, seeing how the twins and even Sooyun and Hana grew up made Umi want a sibling.

She just didn't know that Minjoo was right beside her this whole time.

Jaemin walked down the stairs as the moonlight shone through the windows.

He had fallen into a deep sleep after coming home from the hospital so early in the morning that he had forgotten to set an alarm to wake himself up.

Jaemin had found a light coming from the hallway, only to realize that it was coming from Bomi's studio. "Umi?" he whispered, walking towards the room quickly as he found his daughter asleep on her mother's chair.

Jaemin stopped once he saw the safe opened. His heart dropped after seeing the papers scattered on the floor. He knew his daughter had seen it all and there was no point in hiding it now. Jaemin just had to wait until the next morning because he knew his daughter could barely sleep.

He noticed the tear stains on Umi's cheeks, his heart breaking after seeing them. He wondered what she had thought of everything and why she hadn't come yelling at him, asking him why he never said anything about Minjoo. Jaemin then walked out, taking a blanket from the couch and gently laying it over Umi's body.

"I hope you're not mad at us, Umi.."

Though Umi could be far from mad, just overwhelmed.

.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆. .⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.