𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺-𝘰𝘯𝘦

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY."

.・。.・゜.・゜・。.

It was December 21st, Inhye's birthday and the girl was still in the hospital.

There wasn't anything they could do except to wait and wait until she had woken up. Her parents were by her side constantly, taking turns sleeping nights and checking on her. Time could only tell whether or not she was going to wake up, but they hoped that it would be soon.

It was just a bit after sunrise and the detective knocked on the door, both Tora and Jisung turning their heads towards him as they looked at the male with widened eyes.

"We found who did it. If you two would like to speak to her..you can follow me."

The beach was a special place for Umi, after all, it was what her mother had named her after.

The sea.

She couldn't quite understand why, but she had her theories on it. The sea was unpredictable, the high and low tides caused by the Moon's force or the ocean storms that came with it. Almost like the eye of a hurricane, how calm it was compared to what surrounded it, something you wouldn't really expect.

She would spend most of her time there, just watching the waves as they crashed against the shore no matter what time of the year.

She loved going during the spring the most though. Spring was her favorite season. Funny to say how her mother's name also meant spring. The two just went well together, fitting like puzzle pieces.

Even though it was still cold during the spring, her mother's warmth would automatically keep her from freezing. Umi closed her eyes, letting her memories flow through her mind.

"Umi! This way!"

A typical day it was, March 21st, Jiae's birthday, yet the day before Seojoon's.

The family of three had gone to the beach before heading towards the birthday party. Bomi was often open about her past with Seojoon, it wasn't a secret nor something she should hide. Jaemin didn't mind at all because he knew how it felt to keep in those feelings of a loved one who passed away.

"My foot hurts!" the five year old cried, pouting her lips as she tripped on the sand. Jaemin quickly lifted up his daughter, placing her on his shoulders and holding her small hands before he started running with her. Bomi yelling at him to be careful, but she couldn't help but smile when she heard the two giggles.

Bomi sat herself down on the sand, taking in the scenery as she closed her eyes. The cool air pressed against her skin, the gentle winds causing her black hair to sway with the currents. She never felt more happier.

"Mommy look!" she turned her head towards her daughter, watching her run normally as if she wasn't just complaining about her foot. Umi was holding a seashell that had landed on the shore, handing it to her mother as Bomi smiled.

"For me?"

"Yes, daddy picked it out for you, but don't tell him I said that!"

Jaemin shook his head, hearing his loud daughter from behind him. "Don't tell me what?" he crouched down, ruffling Umi's hair before she ran behind her mother. "Nothing!" the five year old smiled menacingly.

"Come on let's take a picture!" Bomi said, setting up her phone on the sand as Jaemin quickly held hands with his daughter. Bomi taking Umi's empty hand and smiling down at her.

"You know what today is?"

"Aunty Ji's birthday!"

Bomi chuckled. "It is! But do you remember my friend Seojoon?" she crouched down to her daughter's eye level, watching the young girl nod her head. "It's his birthday tomorrow and we can't visit him yet so I want you to give him a huge early happy birthday. Can you do that?" Bomi smiled, looking up at Jaemin as he smiled back.

"Okay!" Umi closed her eyes tightly, hearing her parents hold back their laughs. "Happy early Birthday!"

It didn't take Umi long to realize what her mother meant when she said they couldn't visit him yet.

Cemeteries weren't new to Umi, every year she had gone with her parents to place flowers on two gravestones who were just back to back with each other. When Umi was finally able to read it was then when she understood what Bomi had said.

It was unfortunate that they died on the same day, that day being her birthday as well. Younger Umi couldn't have imagine what it must've felt like loosing anyone she loved. Her two parents hid it so well even though after plenty of years later they were still hurting.

Younger Umi couldn't have imagine what it was going to feel like loosing her only mother on her birthday. It was something so unexpected, something she thinks she would never recover from. It's been almost a month since her mother passed and truly she didn't understand how she was going through it.

"Umi, they found who did it."

Was what she wanted to hear instead of those devastating words that she was told that day in the hospital.

Umi slowly opened back her eyes, turning her head towards Jingyi who was right behind her. "They're at the police station right now. We should hurry before we can't see her." the younger girl said, already taking steps back as Umi followed after her.

I just wished that things turned out differently..

.⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆. .⋆。⋆˚。⋆。˚。⋆.