Chapter 54

Roman POV

I have been in the waiting room for half an hour now. The doctors took
y/n away to go get x-rays done. I am praying that this isn't a career-ending injury.

"Joe Anoa'i?" I heard a female voice say. I look up and saw a nurse standing there with a clipboard and some papers.

"How is y/n? Is she alright?" I frantically ask.

"From the results of our tests, the ligaments in her neck were overstretched, which is what we called a cervical sprain."

A cervical sprain? I have never heard of that before. "Will she be able to wrestle again?" I ask.

"We can talk about that while you are in the room with her." The nurse said. I nodded and got up from my seat, following the nurse to y/n's room. Once she opened the door, I saw y/n sitting up on the elevated hospital bed with a brace around her neck.

She looked over at me with pain-filled eyes. It absolutely broke my heart.

"Roman." I heard her whisper under her breath. I exhaled sharply and walked over to her. I held her hand in mine.

"How are you feeling." I ask.

"Like shit."

I silently chuckle and look up at the nurse, giving her a look of 'you can tell me the information now.'

"Okay, well, y/n, you have a cervical sprain, which means ligaments in your neck were overstretched. It will take about 4-6 weeks to heal. That's only if you keep your neck protected and don't do anything to irritate it. If it get irritated, it can take up to 3 months to heal. After it's done healing, you can go back to training normally. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to give us a call."

I look over at y/n, whose chin was lowered. She was looking at her hands, slowly fiddling with her fingers.

"Thank you doctor." I thanked.

"Of course. Stay safe." she said. She gave us one last smile before leaving the room. I can already tell that y/n is not happy about leaving for a month. The worst part is that she won't be able to compete at Summerslam. Her and Sasha will probably have to relinquish the titles because of this injury.

I soon felt my phone buzz repeatedly. I grab the phone out of my pocket and looked at it. I was getting a FaceTime call from Stephanie. I accepted it, and her faced popped up. But the weird thing is that she was in the middle of the ring, while the show was still going.

"Hey Roman, I am wondering, and the WWE universe is wondering how y/n is doing right now. My phone is hooked up on the titantron, so everyone can see you." She said. I took a deep breath and looked at y/n, who nodded slightly.

"Well, we don't have the best news. Mrs Reigns here" I angled the camera so we were both in the frame. "She is suffering from a cervical sprain. And she will not be able to compete at SummerSlam or anytime in the next month or so."

I heard the fans booing through Stephanie's phone.

"But hey hey hey." Y/n started. I angled the camera so we were in it again.

"I want y'all to know that I am coming back. And Mindy, oh sweet Mindy. You got away safe tonight. But when I come back, I am going to beat your ass, and show you who you shouldn't mess with."

I chuckled at how serious she was. She strongly disliked Mindy. It was honestly funny at this point.

-------

Y/n POV

I was really upset about not being able to attend SummerSlam. But Vince came up with the idea of having Bailey fill in for me. But if she loses, then I lose my title as well. She better do good.