chapter 33

Chapter 34

    In the imperial study room, the emperor flipped through the memorial and talked to the prince with a happy face. "The Luo River flood control project is progressing rapidly this time. The embankments around Jiangzhou have been built, and the canal in Jiangzhou has been dug to connect with the Luo River. Military-civilian cooperation is indeed a good idea, and it has really accelerated a lot. Luo River The project is a great achievement for the people and the Xuanyuan Empire." "

    It's all thanks to the blessing of the father that it can go so smoothly. After doing this, it will take less than two years for Huzhou and Jiangxi to be completed." Zhouzhou, Licheng, and Luocheng are connected by canals, and the convenience of water transportation and the prosperity of commerce have brought great benefits to our dynasty." Xuanyuan Hancheng said that the military is involved in the project in this life, and the progress is faster than in the previous life. a lot of. Xuanyuan Han inherited from his previous life that he witnessed the impact on the Xuanyuan Dynasty after the connection of the canals.

    "Next year I intend to ask you to inspect the Jiangzhou area on my behalf..." the emperor said to the prince. "You are my favorite prince, and I also hope that you can see the mountains and rivers of my Xuanyuan Empire before you take the throne, so that you can understand the people's feelings better." "No, I will live up to my father's expectations."

    Xuanyuan Han Cheng knelt down and promised that he has always been very grateful to his father for teaching and nurturing him, and in this life he will definitely take good care of the country that his father passed on to him.

    The emperor talked to the crown prince about next year's draft, "The draft in March next year, your mother's intention is to marry the crown prince and two side concubines for you. If you have favorites in this draft, you can choose a few more." What? As a prince, your body is almost recuperated now, it is time to increase the number of people in the backyard, and you have too few people in the backyard now, it doesn't look like..." Xuanyuan Hancheng was silent for a while, looked

    up Looking at the emperor father, he asked, "Has the queen mother mentioned a candidate?"

    "The candidate for the crown prince has not yet been decided. Your mother said that Wen Wenqian, the daughter of the Wen family, is a good one. Zhang Chunwei and Yao Yulan, the daughter of the governor of Beiguang, are all good candidates." The emperor said, and asked the prince, "Do you have any favorite candidates?"

    Xuanyuan Hancheng thought for a while and said: "The first daughter of the minister of the Ministry of Rites is a good candidate for the side concubine. Zhang Shilang is very prestigious among the courtiers. And Yao Yulan's father and brother are already in high positions, and the ministers don't want to marry such a concubine." The daughter of the mother clan is to be the side concubine. In addition, the son-in-law does not want to marry the crown princess right away. After all, it has been announced that the Xue family has just died of illness, and she has been exempted from being eligible to enter the imperial mausoleum. It would be a bit cold to marry the crown princess again next year. I heard that the daughter of the Wen family is a good one, and my younger brother is not too young, so it's time to marry a regular wife."

    The emperor took a deep look at the prince after hearing what the prince said. "I don't want to marry the princess, is it really because of this reason?"

    "I dare not lie to my father, I think that among the three candidates that my mother prefers and the next year's draft, there is no woman who is qualified to be a princess." Xuanyuan Hancheng answered truthfully, in this life, no one can walk beside him except his good boy.