THIRTY: undone

Bella:

The silence on the car ride home from the event was deafening. I couldn't decipher the feeling, but it ate me alive. It was like I knew something was going on but I couldn't pinpoint it.

Logan's fingertips brushed lightly against my bare thighs. My cheeks burned from the glass of wine I downed before our grand exit. My vision blurred as I stared at the trees passing quickly by us. I could only think of two things.

The hidden kiss in the art gallery.

The group of girls whispering so harshly in the bathroom.

I feel more recently that things weren't making sense. The gut feeling ignited deep in my bones and sucked my life out.

What was happening?

I glanced at Logan and wondered if he could tell I was having an extensional crisis. But maybe, I always seemed this way.

His chin hair indicated that the hadn't shaved in a few days and I was loving every second of it. I think the stress of his sister visiting was putting some unnecessary pressure on him, thus the uncut beard forming. I held my breath as I continued to admire Logan and his vast details.

I thought back to a few hours previous and his lips attacked every aspect of my sensations. How could a small action steal all my thoughts away and melt me into a pool?

Could he feel that too?

The longer I looked at him, the longer the goosebumps arose on my skin. I swallowed a harsh lump in my throat.

"Did you have a good time?" I broke the silence around us by asking him.

"Yes." I didn't miss the jaw-clicking he did after he announced his answer. His voice was harsh and clipped, something I wasn't used to with him.

I was perplexed by Logan's response and had a sickening feeling that I had done something wrong. He barely talked to me after leaving and I didn't think anything of it until now.

Did I drink too much wine?

Did I embarrass him in front of his friends and family?

Did he regret bringing me?

I quickly attempted to distract myself from the agonizing thoughts in my head by playing with my nailbeds. Oh how interesting these can become.

The goosebumps on my skin didn't diminish when he pulled up to the parking lot of my apartment complex. Was he going to break up with me?

Logan placed the car in park and I didn't even miss a beat before I quickly bid my goodbye and jumped out of the car. I can't believe I wore these goddamn heels because I can't even walk fast enough.

I could feel the tempting tears forming as I all but jogged to my door. I just needed to get inside, take off these stupid shoes, and cuddle with my cat.

The anthem played again and again in my head as I finally made it to my door. I shakily took out my keys from my purse and refused to turn around to probably see Logan speeding away in his car.

I could barely see the keyhole as my fingers were so unsteady as I attempted to unlock the door. My breathing hitched as I could feel the tears straining in my eyes. I grappled for a second before a firm hand slipped the keys out of my fingers.

Fuck.

Logan steadily slipped the key through the door and unlocked it in one swift move. I barely glanced up at him because I couldn't let him know that I was on the verge of crying like a damn baby.