EIGHT: truth

Logan:

There's something so tauntingly dangerous about her eyes. I could feel trapped in them for hours, reveling in the ways she can pull me into a trance. She stood there with the door open wide and a big smile on her face.

"Hey." I greeted her once she opened the door.

"Hi, come in! It's pretty chilly out there." Bella said and whisked me away inside. I entered her small apartment, books scattered in every corner. It wasn't cluttered or messy way, it was more of a cozy feeling to it. "I'll show you where to put the pizza."

Her cheeks were tauntingly flushed, and her hair was in a messy bun. The air of her apartment smells like crisp fall cinnamon, pulling me into a trance. My skin was buzzing at the proximity of my mate, finally feeling like I can relax for the first time in days.

I followed her to the kitchen and placed the pizza down on a nearby counter. "Uhh, I'll just give you a quick tour..." Bella gave me a warm glance around the room, "So obviously this is the kitchen where I almost never cook." She began walking through the confines of the small apartment. Bella led me to a hallway in the living room, "Down there is the bathroom on the left and then straight ahead is my bedroom."

It was a low-lit hallway that had two separate doors. It could barely be called a hallway, if anything, it was a small corner.

"I like your place," I told her.

I wasn't lying, I did like how she decorated it and made it her own. It was her own personal space, it was the area that bothered me. The thought she was in a sketchy apartment complex like this one made my skin crawl.

I watched her cheeks turn a light pink color in return for my comment, "Thanks, I really tried to make it more like home." Bella nervously fiddled with her hands. "So, do you want to eat? I'm starving." Bella locked eyes with me and I followed her into the kitchen.

I could almost feel how nervous she was. It was radiating the air, and it was bouncing all over me. I was unsure if it was just my presence or if there was something else on her mind. I was praying it wasn't a certain wolf interaction a few days ago...

"Yeah, I'm pretty hungry as well," I told her as I watched her delicately take two plates out of her cabinets. Bella walked over to me and handed me one.

"What would you like to drink? I don't really have much, I think some red wine or lemonade. Oh and obviously water..." Bella nervously bit her lip, and I could tell her mind was working a mile a minute.

"I'll have whatever you have, love." I blinked a few times. I wanted her to relax around me and I could tell she was on edge. I just wanted her to be comfortable.

"Is red wine okay? It's not fancy or anything, I bought it for like $5 at Trader Joe's, which is pretty reasonable for a bottle of red wine. I've actually never tried it but it seems pretty good because I love Trader Joe's. Their stuff is pretty affordable if you're ever in a pinch, which is usually what I'm in. But yeah, red wine?" Bella rambled on, with a new shade of pink appearing on her cheeks.

"Yeah, that sounds perfect." I shot her a warm smile, and slipped off my suit jacket that I had on from work. I placed it on the back of a kitchen chair and grabbed a slice of pizza for both of our plates. Bella proceeded to pour us both a glass of wine, and placed both glasses on the kitchen table. She sat in front of a plate of pizza and I was quick to follow her.

"How was your day?" Bella asked me and took a sip of her wine.

"It was pretty good, work was busy. We have a lot of new clients coming into the business so it has everyone working overtime, but it's worth the extra assistance. How was your day?" I asked, taking a hefty bite of the pizza. I wasn't much of a small talker, I was more of a straight-to-the-point kind of person. I wasn't a very patient, or understanding man. But for Bella, the world seemed to tilt on its axis.