SEVEN: tense

Logan:

It had been nearly three days since I saw Bella. Her soft pale skin, the faintly pink blush that stained her cheeks, and her shy smile. I never intended for her to see me as a wolf the other day, yet when I heard her creep out of her apartment early in the morning, the pull to her was unstoppable. My curiosity was too strong to not know what she was doing at four am.

I wasn't used to humans seeing me in my wolf form, and her reaction made me want to float down to hell. Her shallow breathing would keep me up for nights. The innocence slipped through her eyes when she saw me in my true form. The expression she had sent shivers down my spine, and the fear was not something I was familiar with. I have been in deadly, dangerous, excruciating situations and never broke a sweat. But with Bella, my skin was crawling at the thought of her entering my world.

I knew the dangers of getting too close to her, I knew how badly it could ruin both of us. Yet nearly every time I heard a notification from my phone, my curiosity grew an inch bigger.

I had been texting her for nearly three days about anything I can think of to get a conversation with her, and perhaps this is the first time in my life I'd felt this powerless. If she only knew the power she held at her fingertips while texting me back...

I was suddenly pulled out of my thoughts when there was a knock on my office door. I pushed my phone down and called out, "Come in."

Harry, my beta, casually strolled in the door. He held a folder in his hands, "You know it wouldn't hurt to get out and get some fresh air?" Harry walked over to my desk and slumped down in the chair across from me.

I leaned back in my chair, "don't lecture me." I grumbled at him. I was already on edge because of a certain blonde that I couldn't stop thinking about. Those light blue eyes captivated me in ways I couldn't comprehend.

All she had to do was look at me and I was already wrapped around her delicate fingers.

I had to stay away. She was too innocent for my world, I mean Bella nearly fainted when she saw me the other night in the woods.

Harry sent me a big smile, knowing he was capable of getting under my skin, "When was the last time you slept?"

It had actually been three long nights, ever since I saw that terrified look on Bella's face. It haunted me like no other, and deep down it made me think that she was never going to accept who I am and what my life entails. I could feel tiredness in my eyes, and I probably looked like someone hit me with a truck. However, I knew blissful sleep wasn't coming anytime soon.

"Coffee works just fine." I held up my third coffee cup of the day, and then on cue, I took a sip of the bitter-cold coffee. "Why'd you come in here anyways?"

"I did some research on that Todd Sanders guy like you asked." He paused and I gave him a look to continue. "He graduated a few years ago from a state college in Wisconsin. He's living with his parents... uh he's never been with a pack before and apparently is mateless. Todd has a few violations of the law, all expunged somehow. I had to dig to find these, boss." Harry dropped the folder on my desk and I eagerly opened the folder.

My eyes scanned over various claims of unwanted groping instances from women over the years, getting into a bar fight, and minor theft. I was ready to send a car to pick him up, and we'd have a very nice conversation.

"What's his business with Jason?" I grumbled, sliding the papers about this scumbag away from me. My body was on high alert after reading the new information about the wolf who dared to even talk to her. Todd didn't even deserve to be in the presence of my girl.