37 // You're My First Love

Chapter 37 - You're My First Love

"Girl I see it in your eyes you're disappointed

'Cause I'm the foolish one that you anointed with your heart

I tore it apart

And girl what a mess I made upon your innocence

And no woman in the world deserves this

But here I am asking you for one more chance  

Can we fall, one more time?

Stop the tape and rewind

Oh and if you walk away, I know I'll fade

'Cause there is nobody else

It's gotta be you

Only you"

Kiara's POV

Present Day

There was nothing worse than a rowing practice with rain, well, maybe except a rowing practice with rain after two hours of working out in the gym. You'd think that with rain there were no rowing practices, but you'd be wrong. Our coach seemed to love these type of practices, yet I hated them. These were the kind of Sundays I wished I was at home cuddled in a blanket and watching a good movie. But nonetheless, I knew these kind of practices were also needed and all I could do was accept them, even if I got completely exhausted with them.

The worst thing though wasn't the weather or how much my muscles hurt, it was the amount of thoughts that were swirling in my mind. I couldn't help but think about Matthew and Aiden. It wasn't my intention to break their hearts this time. I didn't even know I would affect them this much. I had called them several times and Matthew had picked up a few times - our conversations were short and unemotional. As for Aiden, he did as he told me - he was ignoring me so I gave up trying to talk to him.

Once the practice finished, I sighed of relief and went to put my shell in the boathouse. When I was finished, I saw James waiting for me, a sly smile on his face.

"Hey you." He greeted.

"Hey." I nodded. "As if you didn't see me at practice."

"Yeah, you were pretty invisible out there." He chuckled sarcastically. "You okay?"

I shrugged. "I guess... there's just a lot in my mind right now and I hate not being able to focus on the one thing I love the most."

"Me?" He asked with a hopeful look on his face. I let out a laugh.

"Rowing." I stated. We walked towards the café of the rowing club and ordered two chocolate mugs. There was nothing better after a harsh practice than hot chocolate.

"Want to tell me what you were so thoughtful about?" James questioned.

"Ever since I told Matthew and Aiden that we were dating, they've been acting weirdly with me. I mean, I shouldn't feel bothered, but I still do. I care for them... and I hate to cause them such pain."

A glimpse of rage flashed through James' eyes but it vanished as quickly as it appeared.

"You shouldn't worry about them. They're big boys, they can handle themselves. It's not your fault you fell for me and not for them."