8 // Game On

Chapter 8 - Game On

"Tough girl in the fast lane

No time for love, no time for hate

No drama, no time for games

Tough girl whose soul aches"

I hated to admit it, but I actually had fun dancing with Matthew. Well, it was more like a dance battle, really, but still... it was fun. At one point I stopped thinking about what I was doing and just let myself go, doing crazy moves and just relaxing. 

Everything was going fine until a brunette girl came towards us, leaned over Matthew and looked at me with disdain. I fought the urge to roll my eyes. 

"Matty, dear, what are you doing with this..." She stopped for a moment and finally added "girl?"

"We were just dancing, Nicole." Matthew stated.

"Well, come and dance with me instead! I'm much better!" She grabbed his arm and pulled him with her, until he stopped her.

"Look, Nic, right now is not a good time. Maybe, later, ok?"

"Matthew, it's fine." I said "Go dance with her. She'll probably die if you won't."

The blonde boy smiled a little and finally agreed with me, making his way towards Nicole. I looked around the room, but there was no sight of Dylan or Janice. 

"Ok, everyone, let's go outside and sing Lia a happy birthday!" Shouted a red-haired boy, probably Lia's boyfriend, who was on top of a table.

Everyone started to go outside and I followed the crow. Lia's garden was filled with tables of food, such as chips, cakes, cookies, drinks, etc, but the major attention was centred in a huge birthday cake that was a little weird. It consisted in three layers, the middle one wrapped with a big red bow. There were also a lot of stars pierced into the cake.

The crowd gathered around the table, where a tall girl with dirty-blonde hair stood. So that was Lia. The red-haired boy who I had presumed to be her boyfriend put a hand around her waist and gave her a peck on the cheek. Lia smiled happily and I rolled my eyes. People started to sing the 'Happy Birthday' song and after that they grabbed plates with slices of what seemed to be a delicious cake. Someone handed me a plate, which I gladly accepted. 

"Are you that hungry?" I heard someone ask. My head started beating fast when I heard that voice.

"Dylan! I thought you were..."

"With Janice? She's more interested in things that I'm not." He confessed while we walked away from the crowd. We sat under the shade of a oak.

"You seemed pretty interested in those things as well, the other day..." I muttered under my breath, but Dylan heard it anyway.

"Look..." Dylan paused, thinking about something, but then decided to change the subject. "How about your plan? Have you decided how to discover what they're up to?"

"Yup. I'm gonna make them drunk." I answered, like it was no big deal.

Dylan looked widely at me. 

"That's the stupidest plan I have ever heard."

"Of course you heard a lot of plans in your life, right?" I sarcastically replied. 

"Look, Kiara, I don't think that's the best of the plans. Guys are dangerous when they're drunk. Not that they aren't dangerous when they're not, but you get it."