14 // Turn the Tables

Chapter 14 - Turn the Tables

"As hard as you try, no, I will never be knocked down

I can't keep up with your turning tables

Under your thumb, I can't breathe

So I won't let you close enough to hurt me"

Ellie eventually found a theme for our costumes that me and Dylan also liked: Alice in Wonderland. She had seen its costumes on a local shop downtown, and immediately fell in love with them, sending me and Dylan a picture of the costumes. Then we went to meet her and bought our Halloween costumes.

Soon enough, the days had passed and Halloween was approaching, as we were now only two days from the dance. On October 31, Friday, we would not have classes so the school could prepare the gym for the dance.

Both Matthew and Aiden had been annoying me about the dance: asking me to go with them, questioning me about my costume, etc, etc. I answered them as politely as possible, saying I was already going with Dylan and Ellie. I did not, however, tell them what my costume would be.

Like Ellie, people from school were starting to get suspicious about Matthew and Aiden not being interested in so many girls as they had been on the previous years, and instead, being focused on just me.

I think that to end the rumours both of them had hooked up with girls, but not near me, so that they wouldn't ruin the chances of winning the bet.

Weren't they smart? If they thought their actions would hurt me, they were wrong. It only got me more furious and more motivated to turn the tables.

"Kiara to Earth." I heard Dylan's voice calling me. I snapped from my thoughts.

"What?"

"Me and Ellie have been talking about going to pick her up at her house on Friday before the dance so that the three of us could go together." Dylan answered. The Halloween dance started at 8 p.m.

"And I was telling Dylan that I thought it would be best if we met some hours before! That way we could help each other getting dressed!" Ellie excitedly stated.

"That seems nice. You can go to my house, if you'd like." I offered, inwardly happy that I finally had a female friend with whom I could prepare for the Halloween dance.

"Excelent!" Ellie stated. "This party will rock, and we will rule!"

Dylan and I rolled our eyes playfully, small grins growing on our faces.

-------------------------

"Kiara, there's a girl called Ellie at the door." My mom informed me at 5 p.m on Friday, the day of the dance. She had come home early in case me and Ellie needed help, or, to say the truth, to make sure we dressed appropriately for a school dance. Not that she had any reason to be suspicious of me.

I made my way towards the door where a happy Ellie stood. Her costume was at my house, brought by Dylan the day before.

"Hello, Ellie." I smiled at her.

"Hi!" She beamed with joy. I always got amazed by the amout of energy and cheerfulness this girl had within her. "Are you ready?"

"To get dressed?" I chuckled. "Yeah, I am."

"Good!"

I opened up the door so that she could enter my house and after taking a look at my house, she saw my mom walking down the stairs.