27 // Game of Hearts

Chapter 27 - Game of Hearts

"When I can't belive a word you said [what you say?]

I'm not your puppet on a string

Left aside until you want to play

You were the one who let me down,

You were the one who fool around.

Now I am your lost and found,

Don't gimme that, aha, aha, aha."

His lips remembered me of the beach, how the sand was warm at my feet, how the sun felt good in my skin and how the water was salty and fresh. It was a rough kiss but I felt it smooth. My heart felt it right but my mind kept telling me it was wrong, and as the rational person I normally am, I listened to it.

So I pushed him away, my heart bumping in my chest, my cheeks red and my breath heavy.

Aiden seemed taken aback by my sudden decision of stopping the kiss and it was the first time I saw him without knowing how to react. And neither did I, so we just stood there, looking at each other for some good minutes.

I eventually broke the eye contact, crossed my arms over my chest and looked over the window again. I didn't feel the fear of heights this time, my mind was only thinking about what had happened. What was that? How did I let him be my first kiss? I wasn't going to lie and pretend I never thought about my first kiss but never in a million years would I guess it would be in a cable car with one of the guys I hated the most.

"Kiara..." Aiden's voice woke me up from my thoughts, but my back was turned to him as I couldn't face him at that moment.

"Just don't." I cut. "This couldn't have happened, it shouldn't have happened."

"What? Why?" His voice sounded so surprised that I turned on my heels to face him with despise in my eyes.

"Why?" I asked in disbelief. I mean, it was obvious, right? He should know I didn't want to be kissed by him! "Well, maybe because a kiss is supposed to be shared by two people that love – or at least like – each other and that's certainly not our case!"My voice got stronger and steadier. "We are two different people from two different worlds who see the world in very different ways and we should never be put together. We are not meant to be and neither do I want us to be together." 

I noticed how Aiden frowned and clenched his fists at this, but I kept going.

"I am not one of your girls who'll drool if you wink at them and who'll hook up with you in a second." My voice was filled with venom that I didn't know I was holding. I pretty much knew my plan of breaking their hearts was ruined by saying these things, but wasn't it already from the very start? They were players, their hearts couldn't be broken.

And I wasn't going to change who I was just to teach them a lesson, I mean, as much as I wanted revenge, it was not in me to change myself for someone else, I'd never do such thing. But yes, I still wanted to make them fall for me just so they could taste their own medicine, but without needing to change myself. 

So in situations like this - that I didn't imagine would ever going to happen – I needed to stay true to myself and I needed to be honest, so there I was, voicing my thoughts without caring what he was going to think or how our relationship was going to be from now on or how the game of hearts was going to develop.