5 // Wish You Were Here

Chapter 5 – Wish You Were Here

"I can be tough

I can be strong

But with you, it's not like that at all

There's a girl

That gives a shit

Behind this wall

You've just walked through it"

The infirmary lady gave me some ice and a medicine to ease the pain, but she also said it would be difficult fo me to walk. Aiden helped me getting to my next class, where Dylan was waiting for me with my bag on his hand.

"You can go now." I said to Aiden, maybe a little too harsh.

"Whatever you say." He answered with a smirk.

"Aiden..." I pursed my lips. What I was going to say next hurt my pride. He turned back to me. "Thank you."

This time he smiled. "Anytime."

When he walked away, Dylan looked at me enigmatically.

"You and him, huh?"

"No, Dylan, there is no 'me and him'. There's me, and then there's Aiden. We're two totally different people, with nothing in common. And that's how it's going to continue."

"So why did it look like you were enjoying his company?" He asked, suddenly very curious.

I rolled my eyes and was preparing myself to answer when the doorbell rang. Dylan looked at me again with that mysterious look on his face and then left for his class. I sighed and entered my classroom. What was wrong with Dylan?

-------------------------

Matthew's POV

Unfortunately for me, Aiden was probably ahead of me in our little game now that he had taken Kiara to the school infirmary. The good thing was that I knew she was going to have detention once classes finished, so I had to make myself grounded as well. And the best way to get detention was  to make some mess, that is, starting a fight.

So, when French class was over and at the exact moment my teacher was leaving the classroom, I grabbed a random boy and pushed him against the lockers. This guy was actually a mate of mine from the football team.

"Dude, what the hell?" He asked, confusion on his face.

"Sorry, but I have to get myself in to detention" I muttered.

He looked strangely at me, but agreed. He pushed me back and without delay, I punched him, not hard enough to really hurt him, but convincing enough to ...

"Matthew Clarke. Detention!" French teacher shouted. "Honestly, I never expected this from you, Mr Clarke, usually so well-behaved, but I guess that's what violent football does to healthy smart men like you."

"I'm sorry, ma'am, I promise it won't happen again!" I said, barely able to hide my smile. I was so going to win that bet. Adíos, Aiden!

-------------------------

Kiara's POV

After a long day trying to walk as less as possible, I finally was going to have detention. Yay! My first detention EVER! I was so looking forward to do it! Please note the sarcasm. I didn't know who else would be at detention, but I just hoped that time went by quickly. I went to the detention room, where we waited for the geography teacher. There were one or two people in the room already, but none that I knew. And then Matthew Clarke entered the room. For the love of God.