Why? Part 4

As soon as he reached for his desk, Damian brought his English book and waited to hear his name as Mr Green started the roll call.

"Anya Forger" the teacher named .

"Present" said Anya sitting up from her sit.

"Becky Blackbell"...

At that moment, Damian realised her presence.He was so busy today that he didn't even go and chat with her for a second...or even greet her.

All that rushing here and there, first because I was late this morning and second because I went to my dorm to call Jeeve, prevented me from approaching her! I can't believe that I avoided her unpurposely the whole day! I wonder if she is mad... after all I didn't mean to act like avoiding her... what if she feels neglected...what if she feels upset since I didn't send her a reply to her letter... what if she refuses going out with me even if she asked me to in the first place! How could I possibly be a good boyfriend if I don't show care to her everyday!

While the boy was thinking all the way negatively and blaming himself he suddenly felt the presence of Mr Green behind him as he said, not smiling at all :

"Mr Desmond, you are spacing out and not giving your  full attention to the class since you entered in here. You didn't even answer me when I called your name not once but twice during the roll call. Are you aware of the consequences of such a behavior in my class?"

The teacher was obviously not happy at all while addressing to the kid, and Damian knew well what his teacher was going to do to him since he caught him not paying attention during the lesson . And his punishment was going to be surely severe. The boy started to sweat as his face reddened not because of the cuteness of Anya this time but because he was in a big trouble...

"Mr Desmond I'd like to see you in my office at the end of my class. Now kindly stop spacing out and please give us your attention. Is that clear?"

Damian gulped. Things were worse than he expected. Not only is he going to suffer from the gossips of his classmates now that he'd been scolded out by his teacher but worse, he's not able to leave the school when the bell rings because he is obliged to have a long conversation with his teacher after class. He didn't know when he would be able to leave school and that scared him a lot. In fact, Anya will leave school and not wait for him since she was yet to be invited to his super secret surprise that he spent the previous night planning. He could have at least told her. But no! He was so busy revising for the damned test, obviously failing the test and now spacing out so he gets yelled at from the teacher and getting the attention of the whole class. Always being in trouble wasn't his kind but obviously is his new path...

He is not happy, but he can't protest. If he tries to talk to Mr Green and convince him to forgive him, things won't any get better. Mr Green is a kind teacher but when facing reckless cases he turns into a frightening one. So better let things like they are and not saying a word.

Sitting down back to his desk, Mr Green walked away to the board and continued explaining today's lesson.

•°•°•

Damian wished for the bell to never ring, but surprisingly to him the session flew by so quickly and soon his classmates were leaving the classroom heading to either their homes or dorms.

He wanted so badly to go to her, to explain himself, to ask for forgiveness if necessary, but Anya didn't seem to wait and talk with him as she rushed through the door saying (to Becky) that her father is waiting for her outside and she must hurry.