Why? Part 10 (Last Chapter)

D A M I A N

I started packing my stuff. A few minutes ago, Jeeve entered my room and told me to be ready downstairs at 10:30. He said that my flight would be at 12:00 and that we must be at the airport at least one hour before. I didn't ask where I was going. I didn't bother asking because that dosn't matter to me. My destination won't change my feelings. I was still broken. After having breakfast, I returned to my room to take a shower. I wanted to shake off my fears and anxiety. Yet, little did it help to break the tension.

When I was ready, I walked down the stairs and headed to the main hall. Apparently, my father was going to have a talk with me. Once I entered, my eyes laid straight on him. He was sitting on an armchair in the center of the room like he was some sort of king, his left leg on his right and he had a newspaper in his hands. Noticing my presence, he put the newspaper on the little table beside him and entangled his fingers.

"Before you go son, I want you to know that I'm doing this for your own well-being. I'm not attempting to go through the unpleasant details again since I've some places to be and I don't bear wasting my precious time rambling and going forth and back about what happened yesterday. In short, I wish you a safe flight and never ever think of getting your last name in dirt while you're away. I'll have my men watching you. If you ever think of playing stupid I won't hesitate to have my way toward you. Is that clear?"

I jolted as his deep voice found its way to my ears. His tone was knife-sharp-cutting and his voice held dominance. I found myself nodding to him and muttering: "Yes, father" against my will. His eyes were looking right into my soul and I couldn't help the sweat that started to form on the back of my neck. His stare was much more like a glare and his frightening demeanor had done nothing but increase my heart's pulsation.

I thanked god when Jeeve decided to enter the room saying that it was time to leave. I was hardly holding my tears from falling down as Donovan's eyes burnt holes in my back. I was thankful that I was finally going to leave this monster behind. I couldn't stand having another night in here. God, this place was a piece of hell!

I followed behind Jeeve as he guided me toward the limo. Hopefully Demetrius hadn't shown up. I couldn't think straight when this guy was around. Yeah, I promised myself not to call him brother again after what he'd done yesterday. I walked to the car and stopped. I looked back at my house, the place where I grew up and the place where I suffered for years. The place where all my nightmares went real and my fears were proven. I took a last look before sighing heavily and taking a place in the back seat of the car.

As we started our journey to the airport, I found myself chatting with Jeeve. Usually, I remain silent the whole ride staring out of the window, while he listens to faint music, focusing on the road as he drives. However, this time I couldn't stand the silence. I wasn't able to hold on to my composure anymore. Too many things had happened and no one was there to listen to me opening up. I needed someone to talk to...

Jeeve was your typical butler, he wasn't the talkative type. He always minded his own business. He wasn't the salt and pepper hairy old man. No. He was in his twenties, probably 26 years old. He had blond short hair and mesmerizing ocean-like blue eyes. He was almost 6 feet tall and had a nice body shape. I bet he used to attend self defense lessons since he was a teenage boy.

Talking with him managed to lift a heavy burden off of my shoulders. He was so attentive and if I ever was bothering him by telling my mid-childhood crisis he did very well at hiding it. I liked listening to him giving wise advice to me. He really did well at soothing my worries.

Once we reached the airport, it turned out that he was traveling with me.

"Wouldn't it be better for you to stay here and take care of your family? I'm sure they'd like to have you by their side." I asked, raising a surprised brow. I knew that Father was sending men to look after me, but his butler?