Why? part 7

As they agreed, Damian and Anya had tutoring sessions together. Instead of being in his dorm, Damian suggested that they study in the library so they avoid causing problems in the dormitory and take advantage of the calmness of the place. As the days passed by, Anya's academic abilities started to progress. Although tutoring her was kind of impossible at the beginning, the boy showed determination and patience while teaching her. He even resorted to giving the girl treats when she answered right.

Unbeknownst to him, Anya was hard to teach since it was impossible for her to focus while having somebody near her. People tend to be noisy in their thoughts and the girl struggles to concentrate on doing her homework when having uncontrollable telepathy powers. However, Damian was surprisingly calm in his thoughts during tutoring. He was mostly busy himself in studies too so that won't be a waste of time for him. Together, these made favorable conditions to help the two kids to excel academically.

"Impressive Miss Forger, you got a B in History! That's remarkable progress." Said Mr. Henderson in awe while handing Anya her paper.

The classroom was noisy as the teacher was distributing the test papers; everyone was being interested in Anya. The girl suddenly scored beyond the average and now she's being praised by Mr. Henderson.

"Wow Anya! You're becoming popular. Every student is interested in you." Becky cheered happily.

"Who thought that studying hard can gain you such popularity? I've only worked hard to eliminate my chances of getting expelled because of my low academic achievements..."

"Oh Anya, don't say that... Everybody knows that having excellent grades makes you popular. Well, when you're not being a nerd at least."

"Is that so? Well if that means I'm going to become an imperial student in no time then it's cool! Guess that starlight Anya will be back soon. Heh." Anya grinned excitedly.

•°•°•

It was past noon and the students were heading to the cafeteria. Anya was bouncing in the hall from excitement, after all, her math teacher just returned their test papers and she got a B! Everyone knew that math was her weakness, that's why getting a good mark meant a lot to her.

"Hey Forger, watch out!" yelled Damian from behind her.

"Hey, Damian!" she smiled at him then continued to bounce around.

Tsk! That girl...

He mumbled under his breath, a shade of pink now covering his cheeks.

Approaching her, the boy grabbed her by the shoulder stopping her.

"I said watch out! Is that difficult for you to understand?"

"But, Damian... I am feeling so happy... What's wrong with me doing this?" she pouted wanting to get rid of his touch. Alas, the boy didn't seem to loosen it as he tightened his grip on her, closing the distance between them.

"Yeah... You're happy...And I congratulate you for having such a good mark in mathematics. Thanks to my tutoring, though. But that doesn't mean letting you bounce like that. Are you attempting to fall on your back while jumping so ridiculously? Didn't you notice the crowd? You know it's not safe, don't you?" He was talking, being all overprotective, and some students stopped to watch the scene.

"Damn it Sy on boy! You've just ruined my great mood." Said Anya gritting her teeths in annoyance. "And oh, did you forget that I tutored you too? Without my help you would have been ranked low." She added sticking her tongue.

"Is that what I deserve? Seriously, I was just trying to protect your small head from your clumsiness. But here you are embarrassing me in front of everyone else." He said clutching on his chest dramatically.