Chapter 5 : The city - Excalibur

Hiro, Hikari and King, now with bandages around their wounds, enter the party that the villagers have started to hold after Ares was defeated.

They are amazed that deserted and lifeless town has now been transformed into a place full of joy and vitality. The streets that were once empty and silent were now filled with laughter, music and lively dancing. It was as if hope had blossomed again, bringing a rebirth to the once downtrodden community. They proudly witnessed the transformation of that city, knowing that their sacrifice was worth it to return freedom and happiness to its residents.

As they walked through the town a middle-aged gentleman with a funny mustache approaches them and says "Heroes, may I steal a moment from you?"

The trio shake their heads saying yes and the resident asks them to follow him to a quieter place.

After walking a long way and already being out of town they come to a green slope. The view was breathtaking. Lying down, the heroes contemplated the starry sky in all its grandeur. Countless stars shone brightly, forming majestic constellations that seemed to dance in the firmament. The darkness of the night highlighted even more the celestial brightness, creating a dazzling spectacle. It was as if the universe revealed all its splendor that night, enveloping them in a mantle of magic and mystery. The sight of the starry vastness awakened a feeling of awe and humility, reminding them that they were part of something much bigger than themselves.

The resident says " What do you think of this place?"

To which the three respond with enthusiasm " Incredible!".

The resident goes on to say "I'm glad you like it, and here I can tell you what I wanted to tell you.

Hiro says "Go on old man".

The resident lies back gazing at the sky " This was our town before Ares came here two years ago, always celebrating, everyone was happy, even though we couldn't splurge on money, we could splurge on happiness! But when he arrived...." The resident then as he tells it begins to recall the day when everything changed.

Two years ago:

The town was preparing for the harvest festival, a time of gratitude for the incredible year of abundant food. The residents were in high spirits, decorating the streets and setting up festive tents. Suddenly, however, outside the town, the heavy, menacing sounds of a terrible man's footsteps began to echo through the air. With each step, the earth shook and the atmosphere was filled with apprehension. The hearts of the inhabitants quickened as the sounds of horses' hooves joined the sinister symphony, announcing the arrival of an unknown and dark force.

That terrible Man was Ares who upon entering the city tapped his foot making the ground shake even harder and said with a threatening tone "This city is now mine, anyone who opposes will die!"

Upon hearing those words the king of the city who was helping the citizens to prepare the festival approached Ares with his chest out and said " It is not because you are threatening that we will submit to you!"

Ares, upon hearing those words, drew his flaming sword and immediately cut off the head of the king, who despite being kind and courageous, had never fought and was an easy target. Ares takes the King's soapy head and says angrily "DOES ANYBODY WANT TO OPPOSE ME?".

Upon witnessing such a scene, the people were immediately petrified. Silence spread through the crowd, who were in shock at the sudden and brutal act. The air was charged with a mixture of fear and surprise. Wide-eyed gazes were fixed on the figure of Ares, holding the bloodied head of the king. A murmur of fear and disbelief ran through the crowd, while some instinctively stepped back, trying to distance themselves from the epicenter of the violence.