Chapter 20 - Kingdom of the Elves

With the sun starting to rise, Hikari woke up quietly, not wanting to disturb the sleep of Hiro and Ace. She got up carefully and looked at the grave where King rested, her emotions still fluctuating between sadness and determination.

With her eyes still moist with tears, Hikari took a step towards the grave and closed her eyes, offering a silent prayer in honor of King. She thanked him for all the happy memories they shared and promised to continue her journey in search of the truth about the Signs of Light and the 13th sign, honoring their friendship and King's desire to protect her.

After the moment of reflection by King's grave, Hikari turned to Hiro and Ace, who were still sleeping peacefully. With determination in her eyes, she whispered softly, "I'm sorry, but I have some things to sort out with Aphrodite."

Then, Hikari raised her hands and cast an ice spell around Ace and Hiro, creating a barrier so they couldn't leave. It was a temporary measure, as she knew she couldn't let them follow her to Aphrodite.

With the preparations made, Hikari set out alone towards the Kingdom of the Elves, where she hoped to find Aphrodite. As she walked, Hikari noticed that the forest was surprisingly intact, which puzzled her. "What on earth?!" she thought, not understanding what was happening.

Hikari approached the Kingdom of the Elves, moving cautiously, and soon found herself in awe of it's majestic beauty, completely intact and protected by the forest's magic. The towering trees, with their twisted branches and lush foliage, formed a dense canopy that gently filtered the sunlight, creating an atmosphere of half-light and dancing shadows. Rays of sun sporadically pierced through the small gaps between the leaves, creating fascinating patterns of light and shadow on the forest floor.

The ground was covered with a thick layer of soft and colorful moss, making the steps of visitors feel gentle and silent. Flowers of all colors and sizes bloomed around, emitting gentle fragrances that filled the air.

Forest creatures, such as multicolored butterflies, small singing birds, and glowing fireflies, were an integral part of the landscape. They flew, sang, and played among the trees, adding a touch of charm and life to the environment.

At first, Hikari was surprised and confused, as she had expected to find signs of chaos and destruction caused by Aphrodite. However, as she ventured deeper into the Kingdom of the Elves, she realized that harmony and tranquility seemed to prevail as if nothing terrible had happened. The elves, upon recognizing the princess, welcomed her with joy, showing their happiness at her visit.

While walking through the kingdom, Hikari was approached by an elven child, accompanied by their mother. With a curious sparkle in their eyes, the child tugged at Hikari's clothes and said excitedly, "You're finally back, Princess! I've wanted to know what you look like for so long." A genuine smile appeared on the child's face, brimming with innocence and affection.

Though still perplexed by recent events, Hikari returned the smile, grateful for the child's kindness. "Thank you for the warm welcome. But now, I must go to the royal palace," she replied kindly.

Continuing on her way, Hikari felt increasingly intrigued by the apparent normality of the Kingdom of the Elves. On the surface, everything seemed to be in peace and harmony, but deep down, she knew that something larger and darker was unfolding. Nevertheless, she remained focused on her mission to find Aphrodite.

The palace of the elves was a spectacle in itself. It stood majestically in the center of the kingdom, with slender towers and crystal domes that captured the sunlight and reflected it in all directions, creating an iridescent glow. The ornate designs on the walls and stone sculptures were detailed and intricate, showcasing the elves artistic skill and dedication to their culture.