Chapter 22 - The King's Festival

The next day, Hikari's parents made their way to our heroes' room to say their goodbyes. However, upon entering the room, they were surprised to find only Ace, still peacefully asleep on the floor.

"Hey, little one," said the queen, gently patting Ace. The faithful companion began to wake up and, realizing that Hiro and Hikari weren't there, started sniffing around, searching for their scent.

The queen continued, "From your reaction, I can tell you don't know where they are either."

Ace replied, "I don't know where they are, but I can follow them by their scent. Follow me." And so, Ace picked up the trail of Hiro and Hikari's scent and led Hikari's parents to the majestic Celestial Tower.

At the top of the tower, an unusual scene awaited the kings: Hiro and Hikari fast asleep, embraced as if they were two young lovers in a fairy tale. The king, trying to get their attention, coughed discreetly, causing Hiro to wake up with a start.

As he opened his eyes, he was faced with Hikari's parents right in front of him, leaving him blushing and flustered. In a quick gesture, Hiro moved away from Hikari, who unfortunately bumped her head against the wall upon waking, letting out a loud "OUCH!"

Hiro, embarrassed and concerned, tried to explain quickly, "I can explain... I'm sorry, Hikari." Meanwhile, Hikari, upon realizing her parents' presence, felt embarrassed and speechless, unsure of how to act in the situation.

At that moment, Ace, the faithful companion, rushed over to the trio, licking them and spreading affection as if to ease the awkwardness of the unexpected encounter.

The king, still chuckling at their funny reaction, reassured them, "Don't worry, I was young once too." He winked at Hikari, making her even more embarrassed, calling him "Dad!" Her amused mother playfully tapped the king, causing him to feel a bit embarrassed as well, eliciting laughter from everyone.

Once the calm returned, Hikari's parents revealed their true intention, "We wanted to bid you farewell." The queen continued, expressing pride and confidence in Hikari, "No matter what happens, we are proud to be your parents. Hiro, even though we've had little time together, I know you are someone strong and capable of protecting Hikari. Please bring her back home safe, and little one, Ace, please take care of them..."

The queen's words deeply touched Hiro, bringing tears to his eyes as they reminded him of his father's love. Hikari noticed Hiro's emotions and held his hand, trying to comfort him.

The king then made one last request and led Hiro, Hikari, and Ace to the throne room. Upon entering, they were greeted by a multitude of elven soldiers, an imposing scene. The queen took her seat on the throne, while the king stood before the three.

The king asked Hiro and Hikari to kneel while Ace remained seated. Then, a steward brought a magnificent crystal sword and handed it to the king. In a solemn ritual, the king touched the sword to Hiro and Hikari's shoulders, finally touching their heads, proclaiming, "From this day forth, you are part of the Royal Guard!"

Hiro, Hikari, and Ace, surprised and emotional, couldn't hide their happiness at being part of something so significant. They responded enthusiastically in unison, "Absolutely!"

The king concluded seriously, "Now, go. Our world depends on you! All these soldiers are at your command!" The three nodded with determination, bowed to the kings, and then turned toward the door. As they exited, the soldiers present lined up behind them, forming an impressive formation. Hikari's parents couldn't contain their tears witnessing this touching scene.

As they passed through the city, the inhabitants waved and shouted words of encouragement, "We're with you! We believe in you!" With a serious posture, Hiro, Hikari, Ace, and the soldiers marched towards Hi, resolute in their mission.