Chapter 10: The Battle of Illusions

With Ace leading the way, sniffing the trail of Lord Idenshi, Hiro, Hikari, and King ventured into a dense forest under the cloak of night. Darkness enveloped every inch of the surroundings, interrupted only by the faint lights of the stars that timidly shone through the treetops.

As they advanced cautiously, the darkness made the path even more challenging. Each step was taken carefully to avoid tripping over protruding roots and hidden stones in the shadows. The nocturnal silence was broken only by the whispering of the wind through the leaves and the occasional rustling of small creatures.

Suddenly, a female scream pierced the night, echoing through the forest and sending shivers down everyone's spines. The anguished voice seemed to get lost among the trees, filling the air with a sense of urgency and imminent danger.

After the scream echoed through the forest, Hiro didn't hesitate for a single second. Driven by courage and concern, he sprinted toward the voice, leaving everyone behind, his swift and determined steps cutting through the night air. Tree branches brushed against his face and arms, but he hardly noticed, so focused he was on reaching the location of the desperate call.

His heart pounded frantically in his chest, propelling him to run even faster. Adrenaline surged through his veins, heightening his senses and sharpening his perception.

Without caring about the dangers the forest held, he plunged into the darkness, relying on his instincts and the hope of aiding whoever it was that needed help. Branches bent beneath his passage, as if the very forest recognized his determination and cleared a path for him.

Upon arrival, his eyes widened at the dreadful sight that unfolded before him: the woman lay lifeless on the ground, and Lord Idenshi was there, removing a sword from the woman's chest.

The expression on Hiro's face mingled between shock and determination. He knew he had to act quickly. With firm steps, Hiro approached Idenshi, confronting him directly. "What have you done?" Hiro questioned with a trembling voice, but filled with courage.

Idenshi looked at Hiro with a macabre smile on his lips. "You're smarter than you appear, boy. But that doesn't matter anymore. This city is mine, and there's no place for meddlers like you," he replied.

Idenshi continued, saying, "Do you know what Idenshi means? I'll show you." Then Idenshi snapped his fingers, causing his pale form to melt and a new shape to emerge from beneath his skin.

Idenshi revealed his astonishing power, transforming into a perfect copy of Hiro. The resemblance was eerie, almost impossible to distinguish one from the other. Hiro was perplexed, unable to believe what he was seeing before his eyes.

"It can't be... it's me..." Hiro murmured, stunned by the shocking revelation.

"And the best part is that it's not just the appearance. I can replicate your weapon, your scent, and even your feelings," Idenshi said with a macabre smile.

While Hiro and Idenshi engaged in dialogue, Ace, Hikari, and King arrived at the scene, and the three of them watched in horror as the scene unfolded before them. There were two identical Hiros side by side, with a dead woman lying on the ground. Confusion and anguish overwhelmed them as they tried to find a way to distinguish the real Hiro from the imposter.

Hikari, wide-eyed, asked in a trembling voice, "How will we know which one is the real Hiro? It's impossible to tell!"

As Ace, Hikari, and King confronted the presence of two identical Hiros before them, uncertainty and tension grew. It was difficult to discern who the real Hiro was and who the imposter was, as they looked exactly the same.

In this critical moment, Ace, confused and suspicious, barked at the two Hiros as if he instinctively knew something was wrong. Hikari and King also watched closely, trying to identify any differences or suspicious behavior. "Master..." Ace added.