Chapter 16 - Past

The next day, as the sun rose on the horizon, the morning light gradually pushed away the darkness of the night. The group woke up slowly, each reacting to the first rays of sun and the pleasant singing of birds around them. Ace, King, Draco, and the medic were the only ones near the fireplace, and they got up to start preparing breakfast.

Hikari and Hiro were still in the cart, waking up slowly from their sleep. Hiro felt Hikari's gentle presence by his side and smiled, appreciating her comforting warmth. He stretched carefully, feeling the effects of the previous night, but also feeling strengthened from within after the encounter with the vision of his father.

"Did you see anything special while I was unconscious?" Hiro asked Hikari, with a curious look.

Hikari smiled gently and replied, "I didn't see anything, but I felt your presence in my heart, and that was enough to bring me hope."

Hiro was touched by her words and embraced Hikari affectionately. "Thank you for being by my side. You're amazing," expressed Hiro, feeling grateful to have her as a companion.

Together, they stepped out of the cart, and King didn't miss the opportunity to tease them. With a mischievous grin, he said, "Look who woke up, the lovebirds had a good rest."

Hikari and Hiro blushed instantly, shyly averting their gaze. They didn't know what to say in response to King's teasing. It was evident to everyone that they had shared an emotional moment inside the cart, and King was taking advantage of the situation to tease them.

They gathered around the fireplace, where Ace, King, Draco, and the medic were already sharing breakfast. The aroma of the food and the warmth of the fire created a cozy atmosphere. While they ate, they discussed where they should head next and how they could decipher the language of the book.

The medic, now called Dr. Sakura, advised them to be cautious and seek more information about Signs Of Light and it's followers before taking any hasty action. She emphasized the importance of taking care of Hiro's health and avoiding unnecessary confrontations while he recovered.

"Dr. Sakura is right, we need to be careful and seek guidance before getting involved in new troubles. Let's find someone who can decipher the content of this mysterious book," Draco said with concern.

Hikari, with a serious look, reassured, "Don't worry, I'll make sure Hiro doesn't get into trouble before we have more information."

Draco nodded understandingly as Dr. Sakura pulled Hikari aside to explain the dressing procedure to be done on Hiro to aid his recovery.

After the explanation of the dressing procedure, Draco and the medic began to bid farewell to the group. Draco looked at Hikari with a reassuring gaze and said, "If you need any help or have any questions, I'll be here. Stay vigilant, and please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you come across more information about the book or anything related."

The medic also approached Hikari and added, "If he needs rest or if there are any complications, don't hesitate to contact me again."

Hikari thanked them both with a smile, feeling grateful for their concern and support. Then, Draco and the medic bid their goodbyes. They walked toward the elevator to the city, ready to resume their duties.

Hiro, still recovering from his wounds, smiled confidently and said, "I know who can help us with this Book."

Hikari, surprised, asked, "You do?! Who?"

"Arthur... We can use that magic letter he gave us." "It will allow us to contact him in times of need, like this."

King, teasing Hiro, joked, "Well, it seems like that explosion wasn't so bad after all, haha!"