Chapter 21 - The Mask of Hikari

After Aphrodite's death, Hikari's parents returned to their normal state. They observed Hikari in a state of shock, embraced by a young man they didn't know, and realized that something important had happened. The young man, Hiro, seemed to care deeply for her.

Hikari's parents approached her, and her mother asked in a gentle voice, "I see that Aphrodite has already told you the truth... Hikari, can we talk here? Is this young man with you your friend?"

Hikari, with her eyes still filled with tears, confirmed, "Yes, he is my friend and ally. Hiro has been by my side in every battle, and I trust him completely."

Hikari's parents nodded with understanding. They realized that Hiro was someone important to their daughter and that she needed him in that difficult moment. Her father approached Hiro and extended his hand to greet him.

"Thank you for taking care of our daughter," said Hikari's father with gratitude in his eyes.

Hiro shook hands with Hikari's father sincerely. "It's an honor to stand by her side and protect her. Hikari is an amazing and strong person, and I will always be here to support her."

Meanwhile, Hikari's mother approached and hugged her affectionately. "We missed you so much, my dear," she said, her voice choked with emotion.

Hikari held onto her parents tightly, letting her tears flow freely. "I thought I would never see you again... I missed you both so much. It was so hard being away from our kingdom..."

Their parents gently caressed their hair, sharing that moment of reunion and love. They knew how brave and determined their daughter was and felt immense pride in everything she had become.

The kings summoned Hikari, Hiro, and Ace to an imposing room in the palace. The massive double wooden door opened, revealing a spacious and well-decorated chamber. Elaborate tapestries adorned the walls, depicting stories of the royal lineage and important moments in the kingdom's history. The high ceiling was intricately crafted with detailed woodwork.

In the center of the room, there was a large oak table surrounded by ornate chairs, reserved for the kings and other nobility during important events and meetings. The table was covered with a beautiful marble top, upon which rested scrolls and ancient books, indicating the significance of the discussions and decisions that took place there.

Soft, colorful carpets adorned the marble floor, providing a sense of coziness and comfort. The room was a harmonious blend of royal power and sophistication, with it's carefully crafted details and an atmosphere of respect and understanding among all present.

Seated at the head of the table, the kings invited Hikari, Hiro, and Ace to take their places in some of the chairs arranged around it. Despite it's majesty, the room also exuded a welcoming and familiar air, with it's intricately worked details and an atmosphere of respect and understanding among all present.

In that solemn and meaningful setting, Hikari could share her entire journey, from her encounter with the Signs of Light to the confrontation with Aphrodite. The kings listened attentively to every word, showing their pride in their daughter's courage and determination.

Upon hearing about Hikari's encounter with Aphrodite, Hiro interrupted, exclaiming, "If we already know the leader's location, we cannot waste time!"

The king responded to Hiro with wisdom, "Young man, be patient. If you go without a proper plan and without an army, you will be annihilated. From what I have heard from Hikari, you are the last hope of this world..."

The queen added sincerely, "Before we proceed, we wanted to apologize to you, Hikari. We knew about Aphrodite's plan shortly after the attack, but we couldn't call you back as you needed to grow stronger..."