Chapter 23 - The Final Journey

On the following morning, under a clear sky and a radiant sun, all those who were preparing to confront the Signs of Light gathered at the city gate. The people of Hi also came together to wish the approaching soldiers good luck.

Hiro, Hikari, Ace, Arthur, and Draco shared the same cart, ready for the journey ahead. Before they set off, however, Hikari made a point to speak with the new leader of Hi.

"I want to thank you for the festival. I'm sure wherever he is, King will be very happy," expressed Hikari with gratitude.

The leader responded humbly, "Actually, it's us who should thank you. If it weren't for King, we might not even be here today."

A smile lit up Hikari's face as she bid farewell, then climbed into the cart, ready to face the challenge ahead.

As the cart pulled away, the voices of the people wishing them luck gradually faded. Inside the cart, Arthur opened a map of the city of Nébula, capturing the attention of Hiro, who was curious.

Hiro inquired, intrigued, "Is that a map of their city? How did you get it?"

Arthur replied with a light tone, "I have maps of all the regions in this world. After all, I used to be an adventurer, haha."

Next, Arthur took on a more serious tone and explained his intentions: "However, let's focus for now. This journey is long, but I want to outline our plan before nightfall so I can share it with the soldiers."

Everyone aboard the cart immediately agreed, a chorus of unified voices saying, "Alright!"

Arthur continued, outlining his ideas: "First and foremost, we are not planning a surprise attack."

Hiro interrupted, his expression showing bewilderment, "But why?"

Hikari responded wisely, "Because it's quite likely they already know we're heading there. Everywhere we've been, we had the feeling of being watched."

Hiro rubbed his forehead, realizing the truth in Hikari's words. He sighed and asked, a bit defeated, "Alright... I had forgotten about that detail. So, what's the plan now?"

Arthur responded with conviction, "Our plan is straightforward, uncomplicated. It doesn't make sense to implement complex war strategies, given that the soldiers have little knowledge of each other and have had minimal preparation. Despite their skills, this would put us at a disadvantage. So, what I propose is this: we'll provide cover for you, Hiro, Hikari, and Ace, so you can make it to the boss's room, which is likely the throne room. There, you can face him without worries. What do you think?"

Draco nodded in agreement, affirming, "Wise as always. I wholeheartedly agree."

Hiro, Hikari, and Ace, all with determination in their eyes, also agreed. Hiro, with enthusiasm, added, "I can't wait for that!"

Arthur continued, bringing a crucial aspect to the discussion, "There's an important issue, Hiro. I've heard that you've lost control over yourself before. In this battle, we can't afford any slip-ups. If you lose control again, we'll be in trouble. So, you need to be mentally stronger than physically this time. He'll likely try to provoke you, and you need to stay strong."

Hiro responded, his determination evident in his words, "Don't worry, it won't happen! The only thing that could affect me was the issue with my father. However, I've realized that whether he's alive or dead, he's in an important and better place now. It won't affect me anymore. I'm sure he'd want me to win this battle, and that's exactly what I'm going to do!"

Upon hearing Hiro's confident words, Hikari blushed slightly, her eyes conveying a smile of relief and gratitude.

Arthur concluded, "Now, take the time to rest. During the night, we'll make stops, and don't worry, I'll talk to the soldiers."