Chapter 8 - The Night City

Hikari was stunned, letting out a surprised "Huh?!" Her expression reflected anxiety, with wide eyes and rapid breaths as she continued, "This is no joke, Hiro! That wolf can sense weakness in people's hearts and lure them to their deaths. He is a true monster."

As Hikari spoke, Ace, who was present, yawned in boredom, letting out an audible sigh. His snout opened slowly, briefly revealing the inside of his mouth. His face displayed a disinterested expression.

Hiro began to laugh, filling the air with infectious laughter. His lips curved into a warm smile, revealing white and gleaming teeth. His eyes sparkled with amusement, while small wrinkles formed at the corners, attesting to the sincerity of his laughter.

"Take it easy, calm down," said Hiro.

With a gentle gesture, Hiro lowered his shirt, exposing his chest. "See, he's now my companion. I'll keep him in line, so don't worry," Hiro said, attempting to calm Hikari.

Ace wagged his tails as he declared, "I would never harm anyone important to the master!"

"Well, now the peasant has found himself a dog that treats him as a 'master,'" King said mockingly.

"Don't be jealous, King, of everyone here being more attractive and better than you," Hiro retorted, deliberately trying to irritate King.

Hikari turned her back, pronouncing her words with a tone laden with disappointment and resentment. "Come on, King, it seems he doesn't need us after all," she said, heading towards the cave's exit without looking back, clearly expressing her discontent and desire to distance herself from the situation.

"Well, Ace, let's go after them," Hiro said. 

"Yes, master!" Ace replied.

As they exited the cave, they noticed the twilight unfolding before their eyes. The sky was painted with a vibrant palette of golden, orange, pink, and lilac hues, blending harmoniously. Delicate clouds formed shapes, reflecting the last rays of sun that bathed the landscape. It was a spectacle that filled their hearts with admiration.

In addition to the beauty of the sunset, they also noticed that the weather had become cooler. A gentle breeze caressed their faces, bringing relief after the intense heat of the day. It was as if nature was exhaling a sigh of relief with the arrival of the night.

"This way, it won't take us long to reach the next town. Speaking of which, Hikari, what's the nearest town?" Hiro asked. "Night City," Hikari replied shortly and quickly as she climbed into the wagon with King.

Hiro climbed into the back of the wagon, accompanied by Ace, and said, "Believe me, she's not acting like herself right now. She's a good person." Upon hearing Hiro's words, Hikari's lips parted, revealing a brief smile that went unnoticed by the others.

Hikari increased the speed of the wagon and declared, ""Well, Ace, let's go after them," Hiro said. "Yes, master!" Ace replied.

As they exited the cave, they noticed the twilight unfolding before their eyes. The sky was painted with a vibrant palette of golden, orange, pink, and lilac hues, blending harmoniously. Delicate clouds formed shapes, reflecting the last rays of sun that bathed the landscape. It was a spectacle that filled their hearts with admiration.