Chapter 12 - Mizugameza

At dawn, the golden glow of the sun began to illuminate the horizon, bringing with it a renewed energy for the team. Hiro and Ace were awake and alert, ready to face the new day. They approached Hikari and King, who were still sleeping, and gently woke them up.

"Hikari, King, it's time for us to switch. You can take over the wagon while we rest a bit," Hiro said, with a serene expression.

Hikari, slowly waking up, rubbed her eyes and nodded with a smile. "Of course, Hiro. You need some rest too. We'll take care of the wagon. You can go and rest peacefully."

King, stretching lazily, nodded in agreement. "Hikari and I will make sure everything goes smoothly. I hope you haven't led us astray, country boy."

Hiro playfully replied, "Sorry, I don't understand the language of rats."

Hikari said with a smile, "Boys, not now."

Then Hikari took hold of the reins of the wagon, while King eagerly jumped onto her shoulder. Ace and Hiro settled comfortably in the back, where they could rest and relax during the journey.

While Hikari and King drove the wagon along the road, Hiro and Ace took the opportunity to rest and recharge their energy. The gentle rocking of the wagon and the serene surroundings provided a comforting sensation.

Hiro settled into a corner of the wagon, while Ace lay down beside him, their tails swaying softly. Together, they enjoyed the feeling of peace and security as the landscape slowly passed by.

As the sun rose in the sky, Hikari and King guided the wagon until they reached an imposing mountain that stood before them. It was a majestic mountain. Its grandeur was awe-inspiring, seemingly touching the very sky.

As they observed the mountain, something caught everyone's attention. In the sky around it, strange creatures were flying. They were unusually sized birds, with vibrant feathers and elongated wings that moved with grace and agility. Their silhouettes seemed to blend with the sky, creating a unique spectacle.

The presence of these mysterious birds only heightened the fascination and mystery surrounding the mountain. It was as if they were about to enter a place of great significance and hidden secrets.

Hikari asked King to wake up Hiro and Ace. King grabbed the water bottle that was in the wagon and, with a mischievous smile, poured some water over Hiro and Ace. They instantly woke up, surprised by the cold water that hit them.

Hiro, still groggy, was momentarily confused before realizing what was happening. He tried to reach for King, but the clever squirrel slipped through his fingers and ran towards Hikari, seeking safe refuge.

Amidst laughter, Hikari shielded King in her arms and teased Hiro, "Looks like King managed to wake you up, Hiro! Better get up now. We've arrived."

Hiro, with a mix of amusement and annoyance, shook the water off his face. Hiro, still puzzled by the apparent lack of a visible city, looked at the imposing mountain in front of him and asked Hikari, "We've arrived? But there's only a mountain in front of us."

Hikari, with a smile on her face, responded enthusiastically, "Exactly, Hiro! The city is on top of this mountain. This city is known for its innovation, which means we don't have to climb the mountain. We have an easier way to get up there: an elevator."

As Hikari explained, Hiro and Ace looked up and spotted an impressive elevator attached to the slopes of the mountain. It was made up of sturdy pulleys and strong ropes, indicating an efficient and secure system.

The elevator had a robust structure, constructed with wood and metal, and offered enough space to accommodate the wagon and all the members of the group. The ropes were securely tied to the pulleys, showcasing the careful engineering behind the equipment.