Chapter 7 - Emerald Cave

Days had passed, and on a dirt road, Hiro, Hikari, and King continued their journey under a mercilessly shining sun, casting its radiance upon the surroundings, making them a little impatient and nervous.

King, whose fur was covered in sweat, said with a drawling voice, "Hiirrooo... Have we arrived yet?"

Hiro, whose face was covered in sweat with drops trickling down his forehead, held onto the map that came with Arthur's belongings and replied with an almost imperceptible tone, "I think so..."

King, who was at the back of the cart along with Hikari, who was lying down, peered forward and saw Hiro constantly rotating the map. His eyes widened, and his mouth opened in surprise, while a look of shock took over his face. His eyebrows raised, denoting disbelief, and his body stood still for a moment.

"YOU WORTHLESS PILE OF SHIT, INCOMPETENT, PEASANT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHERE WE ARE, DO YOU?" King said, completely furious.

Upon hearing King's words, Hikari quickly stood up, her heart beating irregularly. With a trembling voice, she pleaded with Hiro, "Please, Hiro... tell me it's not true..."

Hiro halted the movement of the cart, shifting to the back until he faced Hikari and King. With his eyes squinted, a nervous smile formed on his face, revealing a subtle tightening of his lips and a slight raise of his cheeks. It was a restrained, almost forced smile, as if Hiro was trying to conceal the discomfort overwhelming him.

"Hiro, I've never needed to use a map before. I've always relied on my instincts. I thought using one wouldn't be that difficult," Hiro said, revealing his inexperience.

"Great job, King! You let a peasant take over the navigation with a map. Of course, he wouldn't know how to use it," King complained to himself, displaying his frustration.

"Hiro... If you had told us from the beginning, you wouldn't need to feel ashamed. I would have helped you," Hikari said, with an arched eyebrow, struggling to contain her nerves.

Hikari took the map from Hiro's hands, spreading it on the ground. With a keen gaze, she began to roughly trace the route they had taken. Upon realizing that by turning left at the next fork, they would reach a cave, she exclaimed, "Now I'll lead. Let's head towards the 'Emerald Cave.' We can rest there for a while and escape this sun that's melting us."

King jumped for joy, his eyes gleaming, and said, "Thank you, Hikari. If it weren't for you, what would become of us?" Then he winked and stuck his tongue out, looking at Hiro, saying, "And you, peasant, are lucky that Hikari still wants to travel with you, otherwise, you'd die without even leaving this place!"

Hiro, lacking the strength and patience to respond, simply said, "Thank you, Hikari, and tree rat."

And so, thanks to Hikari, they arrived at the cave emanating a strong green light.

"We've definitely arrived. The green light confirms it's the Emerald Cave. The light is emitted due to the immense presence of emerald within it," Hikari said.

Hiro, amazed, said, "Wow, the caves near my village were dark, and the only thing you could see were rats and such, but here it's different. This place is beautiful!"

King said, "I expected nothing less from Hikari to choose a place fit for princesses."

Hikari laughed and blushed. "Let's enter, but don't stray too far or venture too deep into the cave. There are stories about this place... But if we stay near the entrance, I think we'll be fine."

As they entered the cave, Hiro, Hikari, and King were greeted by a spectacle of light and color that left them in awe. The sight unfolding before them was simply breathtaking. The cave was bathed in radiant illumination, coming from countless emeralds that shimmered and gleamed in vibrant green hues.