Chapter 11 - Goodbyes

Hiro, still feeling the frustration and anger subside within him, looked at Ace and smiled. He began to stroke the white fur of the wolf and said affectionately, "You're amazing, Ace. My partner!"

Ace, with a sparkle in his eyes and wagging his two tails enthusiastically, expressed his happiness. He licked Hiro's face again, as if returning the affection, and emitted a gentle sound, almost like a purr.

Hikari and King watched the scene with a smile, glad to see the friendship between Hiro and Ace strengthen. They knew that together, they formed a formidable team, ready to face any challenge that came their way.

Hikari, admiring the harmony between Hiro and Ace, couldn't help but ask curiously, "Hiro, how did you and Ace coordinate so well in battle? You seemed to know exactly what to do for each other."

Hiro lovingly caressed Ace while smiling and explained, "We've developed a special connection through our Bond. In addition to the trust we have, we can communicate telepathically."

King, chuckling, added, "Of course, only one dog would understand another dog!"

Ace looked curiously at Hiro and asked, "Master, are you also a canine?"

Hiro lightly slapped his forehead and smiled at Ace, "No, I'm human, but we have a unique and special connection." Hiro continued to explain his strategy, "Due to our telepathic communication, I explained to Ace that he could create clones and make my physical body invisible as well. During the fight with Idenshi, I created a clone and made my real body invisible. I signaled Ace to move away, so Idenshi would focus on the clone while we attacked when both Idenshis were close."

Hikari looked at Hiro with a puzzled expression and asked, "But how did you know it was necessary to eliminate both at the same time?"

Hiro scratched the back of his head and replied with a smile, "Actually, I wasn't sure. It was more of an intuition, a feeling that it was the right approach."

Hikari was momentarily speechless but soon burst into laughter. "You and your intuitions, Hiro. You always surprise us!"

After a few laughs, Hiro looked at Hikari, King, and Ace with a serious expression and asked, "And what about the woman's body that Idenshi killed? What should we do?"

Hikari thought for a moment and responded solemnly, "I think we should pay our respects and hold a funeral for her. It's the least we can do for her since we couldn't save her..."

King nodded sadly and added, "Yes, I agree. She deserves to be honored. We can take care of it ourselves, with dignity."

Hiro agreed with the decision and said determinedly, "Then let's find a suitable place and hold a respectful funeral for her. It's a way to show that there is still goodness in this world, even in the face of so much darkness."

Ace began sniffing the air, his snout moving rapidly as he caught different scents. He let out an excited bark and said, "I smell the scent of wet grass, as if there's a lake nearby." Intrigued, Hiro, Hikari, and King decided to follow Ace's scent and investigate if the lake truly existed nearby.

Hiro carried the lifeless body of the woman in his arms as they walked along a narrow path, surrounded by the lush vegetation of the forest. The gentle sound of running water became increasingly audible, heightening their anticipation. Finally, after a few twists and turns, they arrived at a beautiful lake surrounded by tall trees. It's waters were calm and crystal clear, reflecting the light of the stars that penetrated through the leaves.

The lake's shore was covered in green moss, providing a soft carpet for their feet. Aquatic plants danced delicately on the water's surface, while dragonflies gracefully flew around. The air was fresh and filled with the sweet fragrance of nearby wildflowers.