Chapter 18 - Sacrifice

A rumor spread rapidly through the city of Hi during their rest, while the dazzling sun continued to shine relentlessly. The tense atmosphere in the tavern intensified when a group of soldiers entered the establishment and marched straight towards the rooms where Hiro, Hikari, King, and Ace were staying.

With serious faces and shining armor, the soldiers did not seem willing to converse. In authoritative voices, they ordered the young ones not to make any sudden movements and to accompany them to the Royal Palace, as Apollo, the God of the Sun, had ordered their arrest.

Hikari looked at Hiro with apprehension, and he responded with a determined look. Even without understanding the reason for the arrest order, they knew they couldn't face a whole army alone without being prepared. Reluctantly, the group followed the soldiers but remained vigilant.

As Hiro, Hikari, King, and Ace were led by the soldiers towards the Royal Palace of Hi, they noticed that the faces of the city's citizens were filled with fear and suspicion. Some whispered among themselves, pointing at the group with anxious glances.

"So it was them..." some citizens whispered, making Hiro and his friends feel even more uncomfortable. It was evident that their reputation preceded them and that their presence in the city was not well-received.

Despite this, they remained calm and continued walking with the escort of the soldiers, holding their heads high. They knew they had their reasons to be there and were determined to find out what was going on.

While walking, Hikari held Hiro's hand, saying, "Stay calm, Hiro..." and offering him a reassuring look. She knew he was also bothered by the hostile reception, but she was by his side to face whatever came their way.

Hiro, though bothered, lifted his shirt slightly, revealing the sword he managed to grab without anyone noticing, and said, "If they try anything, I'll protect us!"

King and Ace stayed alert, their senses sharp in the tense atmosphere of the city. They were prepared for any eventuality and ready to protect their friends if necessary.

As they approached the imposing gate of the Royal Palace, Hiro, Hikari, King, and Ace found themselves facing a restless crowd, led by none other than Apollo, the majestic God of the Sun. His presence radiated power and grandeur, making everyone around him feel the greatness of his divine figure.

Apollo possessed an unmatched beauty. His athletic and muscular build complemented his perfectly bronzed skin, a result of constant exposure to sunlight. His blond, flowing hair seemed to shine like the sun itself, and his serene expression denoted wisdom and authority.

Dressed in a richly adorned golden tunic, Apollo carried a lyre in one hand, a symbol of his musical ability and the harmony he brought to the world with his celestial music. His irises were a deep golden, reflecting the brilliance of his divine power.

While the crowd was tense and uncertain, Apollo remained steadfast, his penetrating eyes carefully observing the group before him. His gaze could unveil the truth of people's intentions, and those who met his eyes felt judged by their own soul.

Hiro and Hikari felt small in the presence of Apollo's grandeur, but they didn't let themselves be intimidated.

With a powerful voice, Apollo proclaimed to the crowd, "BEHOLD! THESE ARE THE FACES OF THOSE WHO ARE STEALING YOUR ENERGY!" His words reverberated in the air, and murmurs spread among the astonished citizens.

Hiro whispered to Hikari, "Look closely at his tunic...!" and Hikari, after careful observation, said, "It's their symbol!" to which King added, "That's why we're being treated like this; he lied about us!..."