❦︎ 47 ❦︎

"Do you want to do some grilling, Mrs Kim?" Asked Hana right after opening the freezer's door.

Jisoo nodded vigorously, "Sure!" "I see that you like the sound of that," "I do."

"Luckily we have some beef and pork bellies!" Said Hana, taking out the meat and showing them to Jisoo.

"와 대박! (Wow, great)!" Jisoo cheered and Hana giggled. "Can you help me marinate them? I'll go set up the grilling tools outside."

"Okay," Jisoo nodded as she took the meat from Hana. "Call me if you need anything!" Said Hana before walking away from the kitchen.

---

"Aye, Taehyung!" Jimin called from a distance when he saw Taehyung walking into the university building.

"What's up?" Taehyung smiled at him and did their greetings.

(A/N: yk the bro greetings)

"Nothing big. How's Jisoo doing?" Jimin asked about his colleague. Yes, Jisoo did land a job at the café where she often bought americanos.

"Just the usual... But worse," Taehyung sighed as they sat down on the bench next to them.

"You gotta be strong at times like this, Jisoo needs you the most right now," replied Jimin, patting the guy on his back.

"I know. Let's just go to our class, we'll be late," Taehyung said, trying to change the topic. He got up from the bench and left first, leaving Jimin behind.

---

"Mrs Kim, I'm going to set up the grilling tools outside. Can you cut the kimchi? It's in the fridge," Hana said, pointing at the fridge behind Jisoo.

Jisoo nodded, "got it. Did you make the kimchi yourself?" She asked while taking out the kimchi container.

"Your mother-in-law brought them here a week ago," Hana replied with a smile. "Ah, I see." That's when I was still warded...

----

"Mrs Kim, here!" Hana shouted while waving her hand to Jisoo from afar. "Ah, okay!" Jisoo runs to her with some containers in her hands.

"Don't run, you'll fall," said Hana, her hands taking the containers from Jisoo. "Don't worry, I don't fall that easily," "Yeah right."

Jisoo chuckled and settled down on the picnic mat. Hana sniffed the meat and let out a satisfied sigh, "it smells so good~"

"It would smell heavenly once they're on the griller," she added. Jisoo let out a chuckle and shook her head. "Stop playing with the meat, eonni," said Jisoo with a smile.

"알았어 (okay)," Hana laughed. After the coals started turning ashy white, both Jisoo and Hana started putting the meat on the grill.

After a while, the first batch of meat was fully cooked and Hana transferred them onto a clean plate. Meanwhile, Jisoo helped put the second batch of meat on the griller.

"Mrs Kim, come eat before they turn cold," invited Hana while munching on the tender meat. Jisoo nodded, "mm, I'll join after I finish this," replied her.

Hana smiled seeing Jisoo's happy face while grilling the meat. I've never seen her this happy after her sister's death.

"Eonni? What are you thinking about?" Jisoo asked, snapping the older woman out of her trance.

"Ah, 아니 (nothing), I was just thinking about... My dog," Hana lied.

"You have a dog?" "Yeah, his name is Haru," "wahh, I've dreamt of having a dog for a long time now!"