❦︎ 49 ❦︎

Don't forget to vote AND comment (preferably on the paragraphs 😔🌷) or I'll mix you with butter and chopped garlic, spread you on a baguette bake you in the oven then cut you up into 3 pieces of garlic bread🥖🧄😠

___

"So, what made you come back to college?" "Gosh, you don't even have to ask her, Lisa, you know she's a study-holic," Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Is that even a real word?" Rosé muttered.

Jisoo chuckled, "Yeah, I got bored of staying home," and Lisa nodded.

"Oh that reminds me, are you going to the party this Tuesday? My mom told me someone from your husband's company would be attending," Jennie asked, her hands unwrapping a candy.

Jisoo's brows furrowed before nodding, "Yeah, I am, are you going too?"

"Yup, I'm going as my mom's company representative. She told me it's part of my role as an heir," Jennie shrugged.

Jisoo nodded in response.

Lisa sighed, "Some rich kids we got here," but Rosé scoffed, "Your aunt literally owns a couple of apartment complexes and your dad owns a 3 Michelin stars restaurant."

"Wait really? I never knew," "Me too," Jennie and Jisoo looked confused.

Lisa let out a nervous chuckle, and turned to Rosé, "Your family owns 3 hotels, remember?"

"Wait, do they? I don't even know."

Lisa rolled her eyes, of course you don't, you haven't even met them for 4 years.

"Okay guys, my class is starting in 10 minutes, I'm leaving first," Jisoo said while checking her watch.

The trio nodded at Jisoo and waved at her as she left for class. Rosé and Jennie both turned to Lisa with a smile, "We have a class together, bye!" Jennie said and left with Rosé.

Lisa watched as the two left her by herself. They're leaving just like that...?

She shook her head and looked at her watch, and she too, instantly ran to her class.

___

2:00 p.m.

"God, my back is so sore," Jisoo groaned as she stretched her hands out. Suddenly, she felt a tap on her shoulder and turned to find Jinyoung grinning at her.

"Hey," he greeted and handed over a bottle of orange juice to her, "Here."

Jisoo raised her eyebrows, "for me?" Jinyoung nodded so she gladly took it, not forgetting to thank him.

"How was your class?" Jinyoung asked, opening his orange juice. Jisoo shrugged, "It was just... Normal? I thought it would be more exciting since that was my first class after taking a long break."

Jinyoung laughed out loud, "That's the thing about college, Jisoo. It can be exhausting. Many students enter college with the expectation of having a wonderful and exciting college life. They think that the better the college is, the better their life will be.

But the reality is quite different. College can be another kind of hell, and even worse than high school. The better the college you get into, the busier your life will become. Unfortunately, that's the case with us too."

Jisoo nodded, understanding what Jinyoung was trying to tell her. That's a good life lesson.

She had started feeling quite weary of her college life routine recently.

"Thanks, that was a good eye-opener," she let out a chuckle. Jinyoung shook his head, "it was nothing. I feel bad for the kids with mindsets like that."