21. Hopes and Failures

Though the feelings were lurching in both Sam and Lavanya life is never easy to go on with either the love, "Either one has to sacrifice love or sacrifice for love." 

Lavanya had already gotten the hint of Sam's slow-burning feelings for her and this time she don't want to let him go. She wanted to give him a chance. She knew Kiara wasn't wrong but she wanted to be there for Sam. Lavanya decided to text him the next morning

"Hey! Are you free today?"

"Yeah!", replied Sam as soon as he received her text.

"How about we go to the supermarket? I wanted to go there for so long but didn't get the time and my friend is also busy so......" she made an excuse.

"I will pick you up at 10'am then", said he.

"Ok thanks!" said she.

Lavanya almost took an hour to select her dress and at last, she end up wearing blue jeans and her white top. On the other hand, Sam was on the phone call with Tarun about what should he wear. "You know you're not going to attend someone's wedding ceremony right? So wear any casual stuffs you've. I don't think even girls make that much fuss about what to wear the way right now you're making it", said Tarun.

So here Sam too ends up wearing his white shirt and blue jeans. As soon as he was ready, he went to pick up Lavanya at her apartment. When he reached downstairs, he called her and she was there. Both of them went to the supermarket, parking their car aside. They almost walked hand-in-hand without realizing it as they were too engrossed in their conversation until an old woman stared at them. Sam released her hand as soon as he realized it. The situation was almost penetrating when Lavanya said while changing the topic, "Would you like to buy something for yourself?" 

"Well, I don't know right now what to buy. My cupboard is full of clothes and other accessories are too available at home", said he.

"How about a pair of shoes?" said she and held him by his arm while taking him into the shop where they found a perfect pair of shoes for him. After which they walked to the restaurant and ordered some food.

"Well, if you don't mind can I ask you something?" said he.

"Of course", said she with a smile.

"How about your family? I mean where do they live?" asked.

"They live in Delhi and I came here to Mumbai for my studies. So I stay in my apartment", said she.

"So how many members are there in your family?" said he.

"My uncle, my aunt, my cousin brother, and sister. My parents were killed when I was 10 years old due to some political issue as he was a Mayer after which my uncle and aunt raised me", said she.

For a while Sam was silent then he spoke up, "Your parents must have been so proud of you seeing you growing up as a good human being and such a beautiful personality", said he giving her a warm smile. "So how much you remembered about them?" said he. Lavanya felt an ache and warm feeling both at once as no one had ever asked her about this.

"Actually, I don't have lots of memories of childhood. All I did remember is my father was barely at home due to his work but whenever he came home, he used to brought chocolates, dolls or toys for me and he used to spend time with me even if was tired after work. And about mum she was like complaining about father's late home coming and of me being a brat child spoiled by her father. When I remember it all now, it makes me to laugh.

And my childhood was fine though I lost my parents but my uncle aunty provided me with everything though they didn't able to give much of attention to me due to their jobs and responsibilities with their kids. So I've been raised from self parenting in an emotional sense. I wasn't that lucky with love, family, friends or relationship, but it wasn't that bad either somehow life is still going on", said Lavanya with smile.

"Have you ever been in a relationship?" asked Sam.

"Hmm... not exactly relationship but sort of situationship weird experience. I had a friend named Shanti during my first year but she was opposite of her name too talkative and most of the time trying to gain my sympathy. I didn't realise at that time she was toxic to me and there had been a boy named Karan who used to stalk me though I never liked him. As he was Shanti's Boyfriend's Bestfriend, she forcefully led me to him and later on she completely fed him inside my mind. Actually it wasn't even completely her fault, I had given her that much right that she could feed things in my mind, influence me or you know during teenage we all have that thing that atleast once we want to get involved in this stuff. Later on I began to like him as well but than I realised he wanted to have physical relationship with me. Later I broke friendship with Shanti and warned that boy too if he tried to follow me or tried to do anything I'd report to the police. And later he shifted to another city because his brother was involved in some assualt case", said she.

"Some assault case? What was the names of his brother?", asked Sam.

"Sahil.... I guess! Why what happened?", asked she.

"He's the person who ruined her life", said he.

"Her means Kiara... Right?" asked she.

"Yes", said he, " Ok I'll meet you tomorrow can you go by yourself right now", almost with his strangest behaviour he had ever shown to Lavanya.

"Ok", said she with forced smile. Lavanya took a bus to get home. She's anxious with the thought of whether he's still into Kiara, whether she's making a mistake by assuming that he too likes her. It was hurting her from within thinking she made a fool out of herself.