22. Twisted Fates

"Hello Tarun!", Sam on the other side.

"Hello Sam... So how's your date today?", asked Tarun.

"Forget about that, you know what I came to know about that bastard, Sahil and brother was Karan who stalked...", said Sam till then Tarun cut him half way, "Wait, What? Where is Lavanya?"

"I told her to go home", said Sam irritatedly.

"What? You told her to go home? On her own?" asked Tarun, "Sam, have you lost your mind or something? Things that you're doing, are these things making sense to you? I thought you were moving on and I was so wrong, also I dragged Lavanya in this shit!"

"Tarun first listen to me, it isn't that way. Actually, when she was telling me about her past she told me that Karan was involved with her when she tried to push him away he still stalked her, and later on she told me that he shifted himself to a different city because his brother was in jail because he was involved in an assault case. When I asked about his brother she told me his name was Sahil, so I thought......" before Sam could complete his sentence Tarun spoke, "So you thought that Kiara might have been in that city or you can take Kiara's revenge!" said tarun sarcastically.

"Sam it's been a long everyone has moved on, Sahil has received what he deserved, his reputation, his company everything is in ruin, he had been in jail for two years for the assault trial with the Police Officer's daughter, and even his punishment had increased after the scam he had done in his own company. He has got enough, it's been gone and the Karan he too was part of Lavanya's past. Everyone is moved on, you're the only one still there. Sam if you'd keep doing like this, keep affecting your present because of your past. You'd even lose what you've in your present. See Sam, you need to pick yourself together ok, and understand, Kiara, Sahil or Karan, these all people were part of the past ok? So go to Lavanya and fix this", said Tarun

"I'm sorry bro, I didn't realize just because I didn't want to hurt Lavanya the way I hurt Kiara in the past, I somehow held onto past. Thank you for always making me realize even if your words have been harsh. You always have been by my side through thick and thin, telling me the truth, said Sam.

"Ok, ok... Now don't make me emotional! Go and make it with Lavanya", with this Tarun ended the call.

Sam called Lavanya, but she didn't pick up the call. He left a text message saying-

"Hey!

I'm sorry for today, I messed up!

Are you busy tomorrow?"

After an hour Lavanya replied-

"Hey!

Dind't able to pick up the call, was busy with something!

Sorry tomorrow will remain busy, got loads of work!"

In similar ways, Lavanya kept avoiding Sam. Sam thought he had no other choice except to meet her to make it up to her. So he waited in front of her apartment building. After half an hour she came outside. He went to her and said-

"Hi! I'm sorry for showing up like this but you were avoiding me so I got no other choice. Actually, I wanted to explain for that day.....", before Sam could say something Lavanya interrupted, "Sam, remember that day when you said in a text 'Some lovers live forever in anguish and faith that someday that love will come back in a different way', accept it or not you're still holding into Kiara either in the form of regret of guilt. But still, you hope someone like Kiara to love you so that you'd be able to correct those mistakes from the past and I'm not Kiara Sam. I'm Lavanya and the things that happened with Kiara are different from me so you'll not even get a chance to correct those mistakes, cause what had gone is gone. Sam, I'm sorry to say but the day you'll realize Kiara and Lavanya are two different people, you're not still holding onto the past and you're healed and moved on that day meet me in the last fall of autumn in front of the restaurant we went on a date for the first time. If we're meant to be then time and fate will find us. Goodbye!" with this Lavanya went away.

After which Lavanya spent five autumns waiting in front of the same restaurant when it was the sixth last fall of autumn and she was waiting under the tree. She watched a stranger walking towards her and suddenly the leaves began to fall as if it was the first time!

THE END