Steve Rogers - Worship Her (AU)

The decade takes us to the 80s, where sex, drugs and rock and roll are very much the pinnacle of Steve Rogers life. As the guitarist of the well known rock band Asgard, there isn't a day where he wakes up to a different girl next to him.

That is, until he meets one who cares neither for who he is  or jumps at the chance of a lifetime to end up in his bed.

**

Already Steve had a bottle to hand once he'd come offstage, his fellow band mates each lapping up the attention from the groupies who were longingly waiting in the hopes of going home with them that evening. He nodded to Bucky as he made for the dressing room, his best friend enjoying every moment of the young woman draped from his neck as he lit a cigarette. "Where you going?" He questioned.

"Dressing room - need my lighter". Steve replied as he made his way back to the room. Finding the lighter, he took another swig from the bottle and wetted his lips, the door opening and a young woman walking in.

Jackpot. He needed a quick release.

Grabbing her arm and pulling her to him, he grunted a quick "come here, I need you now". And kissed her hard.

He didn't expect her to push him and look at him with disgust. "What the hell do you think you're doing!"

"What do you think? You came looking for me so it obvious what you want".

She stared at him. "You think I'm one of your fucking groupies?!"

"Erm, yeah? It's obvious, the way you're dressed and..." he caught sight of the name badge on her top. "Clearly work here - shit..."

The woman walked up to him and slapped him hard. "Yes I work here! I came to clear up all the shit you guys left behind!".

Fuck. He'd never had this happen before. An instant cock block if he ever knew one. She was gorgeous though - way too pretty to be working for this place. He wondered just how many others had made the same mistake that he had.

None. Absolutely none.

"Sorry, I'm sorry". He threw up his hands, the bottle still in one. "I..."

"Don't you have groupies waiting for you?" She spat, now tipping the ash tray that they'd filled up earlier into the trash.

He lit up a cigarette and blew out some smoke. "Look, I'm sorry for the mistake - but take it as a compliment? You're pretty enough to get laid". She scoffed and shook her head in disbelief while she continued tidying. "What's your name?"

She now stood upright again and turned to him. "Look, I just want to clear up this room, get my pay check and go home".

"Beautiful - did your mom or dad choose it". He grinned, taking another drag.

"If I tell you will you leave me alone?"

"I don't make any promises, purely because I'm shit at keeping them".

She fluffed the cushions on the chairs as she spoke. "Well at least you're honest, kinda". Then looking up at him. "It's Maggie".

He leant back against the wall and let out some smoke. "Maggie", rolling the name on his tongue. "Suits you".

"Much better than apparently being a groupie?"

"Look, I've said I'm sorry - what more do you want?" He asked, the urge of needing a realise now fading rapidly as she glared at him.

"For you and your band mates to fuck off to whatever bar you're going to trash or pick up more girls at. I don't care - I just want you to leave".

"Easy Magpie - I was going to give you a nice big tip for your hospitality".

She stared hard at him. "I don't care about whatever tip you offer me. And don't call me Magpie".

"Why? Does it annoy you? Suits you better than Maggie actually". She was now at the point of taking the bottle of whiskey from his hand and shoving it where the sun didn't shine. He could see that and nodded slowly to himself. "Ok...well, despite the mix up and the slap - which I deserved by the way - it was nice meeting you". 

She ignored him and turned back to tidying.

"Okaaaaay" he muttered to himself and left the room - finding his band mates waiting for him so as they could move on.

Bucky pulled away from the groupie who had been hanging off him earlier. "Took you long enough..." he saw his face. "What?"

Steve smirked and took another drag from his cigarette, already unable to get her out of his mind despite the frosty situation he'd found himself in.

"I think I just met the girl I'm gonna marry".