- 𝐂𝐡. 34 -

The sky was smeared with a reddish-orange color as the sun was about to set. The shadow of its ray glances down at Y/n's figure.

She calmly inhaled the warm breath of the wind as she sat on the bench in a lotus position(Indian sit).

While her thumb was rubbing its skin on a soft leaf that somehow landed on her hand.

Daze as she stares somewhere far away across the river with her visionless eyes slightly open.

"Y/n!"

Y/n blink her eyes before she turns her head behind to face the one who had called her.

"......Daniel?"

Daniel stared at Y/n's dull eyes as if they were staring right at his soul. He smiled and walk slowly to her and slightly tilted his head playfully.

"Yeah, it's me. What are you doing here, Y/n?"

"I'm just..."

She then closed her eyes and turned her head to the river once again before another boy came. She didn't recognize who it was until the boy spoke letting her remember his voice.

"Y/n?"

Y/n puts down both of her legs and stands up and turns around to Daniel and Johan.

Daniel look back at Johan while Johan just stared at the girl standing far away from him.

"You know Y/n?"

"Yeah, we met before..."

Johan looks at Daniel before he nodded his head.

"Why are you two doing here?"

Both just look at the girl, before telling her that they were racing each other with their dog which they left behind.

Y/n didn't like the idea that they casually just left their dogs somewhere, leash in the tree.

So they have to go back to prove to her that it was alright not until all of them arrived at the said tree.

The leash was there but the dogs were gone.

Johan panicked as the sun had already set and was about to run when Y/n grab his arm.

"Calm down, Johan. Let's find Eden and Enu together with the three of us"

"Y-yeah..."

Johan look calm down but Y/n knew that he was getting worried inside. She then patted Daniel's shoulder.

"They probably hadn't gone too far. Let's search for any hints or maybe any tracks that the thief left behind"

Then Y/n started walking to a path that Johan and Daniel came from.

_____

Hours passed. The moon was up and they still hadn't found anything.

Daniel asked around as he learned that this wasn't the first time that an animal had gone missing.