[ in which he breaks his leg ]

f o u r

-

Just as Mason had suggested, Sydney attended the after-school lacrosse practice, though not for the reason her best friend assumed. Once again, Stiles was her only ride home, so she did not exactly have a choice whether she wanted to attend the practice or not.

She didn't mind, however. The weather had warmed up drastically, so she didn't have people huddling into her for warmth. She sat beside Mason and Violet, who were both intent on watching the practice- their gazes glued to Garrett as he rounded himself up for the practice that was due to start any minute. Sydney rolled her eyes at their behavior- both of them basically had drool falling from their parted lips. No matter how many times her best friend protested it, she knew that Mason still had a thing for Garrett.

She soon found her knee bouncing on the empty bleacher below her, itching for the practice to begin and be over with so that she could head home and watch horrible movies about werewolves on Netflix and make fun of them all night long. Though Mason seemed to take her restlessness the wrong way, as he nudged her shoulder and cocked in eyebrow in a teasing way.

"You excited to see your new love interest?" He questioned, causing her to shove an elbow into his side harshly. Though he held his side with his jaw clenched, the pathetic injury didn't stop Mason from his teasing remarks. He continued to tease her about her, so-called, "blooming love interest" until Coach Finstock blew his whistle for practice to begin. He shot Mason a look that basically said "shut your mouth or I will beat you with a lacrosse stick" as her friend continued to chatter on loudly.

"Yes! Hit 'em, Liam!" Mason shouted and thew his hands in the air as Liam continued to materialize the field. The boy acted as if he owned the whole field, nodding his head towards his best friend and wearing a smug, overly-confident look on his face that was clearly visible even through the helmet he wore over his head. His gaze rested on Sydney for a moment, a small smirk forming at the corners of his mouth. Coach blew his whistle and the team began running laps around the field, forcing Liam to tear his gaze from hers and begin racing the other players.

"Does he feel the need to show off or something?" Sydney questioned, glancing at Mason. "He seems a bit too cocky for my liking."

"He's a transfer student," Mason defended his best friend quickly. "Of course he feels the need to impress the others. It comes natural for him."

Sydney focused back on the practice just in time to see Liam bolt past Scott and finish several meters in front of him, his breathing labored as if he hadn't just ran three laps at full speed. The rest of the team gradually crossed the line, earning several disgusted comments from Coach about how pathetic and useless they were. She couldn't help but laugh at Coach's attitude. Sure, he was a little hard on the team, but it was amusing watching him make fun of the players. Sydney buried her face into her hands, groaning loudly as Stiles literally stumbled over the line in last place, his whole body heaving and his heart was racing as he fell to the ground. Scott quickly helped him up, wrapping his arm around his friend's shoulder as the two of them glared in Liam's direction.

"What is he? Is he like a were-cheetah? Does that even exist?" Stiles rambled on as he stared at the freshman, gasping for air between every other word. Sydney rolled her eyes at her brother's rant, feeling the strong wave of jealously radiating off of his sweaty body.

Scott merely shrugged, shooting a quick glance at Liam, who was flat to the ground, busy doing perfectly formed push-ups. "Maybe he is just that good."

"Take me somewhere," Stiles sighed, his eyes narrowing and gagging slightly. "I'm going to puke."

Sydney scrunched her nose in disgust, resisting the urge to run out and help her pathetic brother rid of his nausea.