[ in which comedies are overrated ]

The large cheese pizza was gone, only to be replaced by an even larger bowl of popcorn made by Sydney, and yet the pair were still indecisive about what movie they wanted to watch. They had scrolled through all of what Netflix had to offer several times, though the two freshmen were still arguing about whether they were going to watch a comedy or a horror movie.

"So, horror movie it is, then?" Liam questioned for the umpteenth time, raising an eyebrow and smiling cheekily. The bowl of popcorn rested in his lap, and he grabbed another handful before stuffing it into his mouth.

Sydney stuck out her bottom lip in a pout and shook her head, "Why a scary movie? Why can't we watch a comedy or something? You could use a good laugh, Mr. Grumpy Pants." She reached over and grabbed a hand of popcorn, shoving it into her mouth and narrowing her eyes at the boy across from her. The pair was sitting cross-legged on the couch, staring at each other as if they were having some sort of wild-west showdown- like in the shows her father used to watch when she was a kid.

"Because comedies are overrated,"Liam said with a shrug, as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "You could use a little suspense."

"Scary movies are overrated, as well," Sydney retorted and crossed her arms over her chest. "And I've had enough suspense in the past year to last me the rest of my life. I don't have to watch a movie about a man with a chainsaw chopping up innocent people, when I witnessed a boy getting axed by a man with no mouth only weeks ago."

Liam pursed his lips, clearly thinking what she had just said through. She smirked triumphantly and grabbed yet another handful of popcorn. Sydney Stilinski may not have had her family's looks, but she did inherit the stubbornness that tended to run throughout the family. If she wanted something, she would keep on fighting and begging until she got it. She wouldn't give up until she was at least somewhat happy with the final decision. So if Sydney Stilinski wanted to watch a comedy, she wasn't going to give up until she was able to watch a comedy.

Though Liam wasn't exactly giving up that easily, either. He also tended to have a bit of stubbornness in himself- along with some charm to help persuade people to let him have his own way.

He looked at Sydney and blinked his eyes in a puppy-dog like way, sticking out his bottom lip, "We're watching a scary movie."

Sydney rolled her eyes, though she was unable to hide the smile that pulled at the corner of her lips, "How about we watch a comedy first, and then a horror movie afterwards?" she suggested with a shrug, though she still wasn't too happy with her own idea. She hated no other genre- movie or music- more than horror, and that was partly because she got to live her own reality horror movie every day.

Liam crossed his arms and raised his eyebrows, "Horror movie first, and you got yourself a deal."

"Fine. We can watch your damn scary movie first," Sydney sighed with a roll of her eyes. "But if I end up jumping on top of you, that's your fault."

Liam's lips pulled into his signature smirk- one that made shivers run down Sydney's spine. "I won't mind at all," he said smoothly.

Sydney rolled her eyes, though she couldn't ignore the feeling in her stomach at his words, the feeling of butterflies fluttering around like crazy.

"What horror movie do you choose, Dunbar?" she asked as he searched through the category on Netflix.

Liam brought his bottom lip in between teeth and turned to look at the girl, "The Exorcist."

Sydney shook her head stubbornly without hesitation. "Hell no. Anything but that," she whined. "Demons scare me."

"Says the girl who has fought over countless supernatural monsters, including her own brother who was possessed by an evil Japanese demon-spirit." Liam laughed lightly and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, pulling her against his chest and causing the popcorn to spill off of his lap a bit. "If you get to scared, I'll protect you."

>>

Not even thirty minutes into the movie, and Sydney already had her face buried into Liam's chest. She clutched his hand tightly in hers, nuzzling into his neck in attempt to block out the noise coming from the horrid movie. Liam was too busy laughing at the girl to even pay attention to the movie- that, and the fact that she was practically on top of him. It was extremely distracting, especially for a teenage boy whose feelings for the beautiful girl were growing stronger and stronger by the day. He was having an extremely difficult time controlling himself, forcing himself to not grab her face and press his lips to hers. He still wasn't sure of exactly how she felt about him, and whether or not she would be okay with him kissing her again. He took the risk once, and he wasn't planning on taking it again.

But, then again, it wouldn't hurt a boy to dream.

Another scream came from the speakers, echoing through the empty house. Sydney jumped once more, scooting closer to Liam so that she was now laying in his lap, her face nuzzled into his chest with his chin resting on top of her head. He couldn't help the smile that spread across his face as she clutched onto his hand, despite the fact that the girl was scared out of her mind.

"I hate you," Sydney muttered, her voice vibrating against his neck. Wrapping his arm around her small figure, Liam chuckled. He rubbed her back comfortingly, his lips only inches from her ear as he spoke softly.

"You're alright, you big baby."

"Please turn it off," Sydney begged, her voice cracking a bit at the end. This was enough to break through to Liam. Pushing past the barrier of his own pleasure, he quickly reached over and grabbed the remote, turning off the TV completely and leaving the house in complete silence- until Sydney's voice broke it.

"Thank you."

Much to his disappointment, she climbed off of Liam so that she was sitting beside him once more. He stared at the girl, his bottom lip in between his teeth as his eyes darted across her beautiful face. It was obvious that she had put no effort into her appearance- her makeup was all wiped off, her hair was untamed and a mess. Sure, she didn't look flawless, but to him, she was still absolutely stunning.

"Liam," her soft voice broke him from his thoughts, and she laughed. Her eyes were glowing a bright blue, so unlike their usual hazel color, but beautiful all the same. "Your eyes are glowing."

Liam blinked rapidly, shaking his head in attempt to return his own eyes back to normal, "Yours are, too."

Sydney blinked once and they were normal once more. She furrowed her eyebrows as her gaze met his, though a small smile tugged at her lips. "What?"

Liam looked away quickly, feeling his cheeks heat up in a blush- something that never happened to him before this girl stepped into his life. "Nothing."

"Why are you staring at me?" Sydney asked, laughing lightly.

Liam grinned and shook his head, his eyes not leaving hers, "You're just so beautiful." Sydney smiled and looked away from him. Though he reached over and placed his hand under his chin, forcing her to look at him once more, then moving his hand so that it was resting on her cheek. Pursing his lips and finally building enough courage to do the one thing that was on Liam Dunbar's mind ever since he showed up at the girl's door step earlier that day, he leaned closer to her and pressed his lips against hers.

And this time, neither of them pulled away for a long while.