[ in which she is a babysitter ]

That Monday morning, Sydney dreaded getting out of bed. She lacked the proper amount of sleep that was required to function normally throughout the day, as Stiles forced her to stay up until one am the night before, watching reruns of Friends on Netflix.

Though, as she thought about seeing Liam once more, Sydney slowly but surely began to feel energy trickling into her body. She hadn't seen him since that Friday night, and they had only exchanged a few text messages over the weekend. She knew that he must have been feeling like absolute crap after the events on Friday night, and she demanded several times that he needed to get some rest. She finally convinced the stubborn boy to stay in and rest his body, and since then, they had only exchanged a few "good mornings" and "good nights".

Sydney slowly pulled herself out of bed, checking her phone to see that she had a good morning text from Liam. She quickly replied, her eyes still only halfway open, before dropping her phone on her bed and turning on the overhead light.

Sydney quickly pulled the outfit she had picked out for the day out of her closet before crossing the hallway to the main bathroom. She closed the door and locked it before Stiles could catch her, knowing that he would soon be nagging about her hogging the shower every morning. She didn't spend too much time in the shower, as she knew that her brother would be the one to leave her once he was ready, and she wanted to have time to make herself look at least somewhat presentable. Sydney quickly washed herself and shaved her legs thoroughly before turning off the water and wrapping a towel around her wet body. She wrapped a separate towel around her dripping hair before turning on her flat iron and began drying her hair.

Though Sydney wanted to make herself look somewhat presentable, looking her best wasn't exactly a priority, so she settled on some light, natural makeup. Light brown eyeshadow, a thin line of black eyeliner, a couple strokes of mascara, and to top it off, a bit of concealer to hind the dark bags under her eyes.

Sydney changed into her outfit for the day- a pair of leggings with a Green Day t-shirt- before looking at her appearance in the mirror. She knew she wasn't looking her best, but it wasn't all that bad, either. She quickly put on some clear lip gloss and rubbed her lips together; due to the chilly and windy weather, her usual soft lips had become quite chapped.

A knock on the bathroom door caused Sydney to jump. She rolled her eyes as her brother's voice spoke through the thick wood.

"Are you ready? Assuming that you hogged the shower for twenty minutes, I expect you to look like a runway model."

Sydney still wasn't exactly talking to Stiles, as she was still angry at him and his little pack of friends for thinking it was okay for them to kidnap Liam- several times. She only merely muttered a "yep" before pushing past her brother, gathering her backpack and books from her bedroom and heading out the front door.

"Are you still mad at me?" Stiles asked his sister as he pulled out of the driveway, though thankfully, his eyes were still glued on the road.

Sydney focused on the trees zooming by outside her window, pursing her glossy lips, "What would your reaction be if I told you yes?"

Stiles let out a breathy laugh, clearly thinking that she was joking when, in fact, she was not. "I'd beg you to forgive me," he replied cheekily.

Sydney pulled her gaze from the trees and turned to look at her brother, an eyebrow cocked. "Yes, I am still mad at you," she said simply.

Stiles sighed and tightened his grip on the steering wheel, "Be mad at me all you want, but just know that we did it with the best intentions. You of all people should understand what it's like to loose control. You should understand why we did what we did."

"I do understand," Sydney said quietly, a sigh falling from her parted lips. Her heart skipped a beat as she thought about loosing control, memories of her dark and secretive past arising in the back of her mind.

"So," Stiles dragged out the word with a slight smile. "Does that mean you forgive me?" He turned to his sister and stared at her with wide, brown puppy eyes, batting his eyelashes innocently.

Sydney, unable to hide her smile from her hyperactive brother, rolled her eyes, "I hate you."

"Is that a yes?" Stiles questioned cheekily.

"Yes, Stiles. It's a yes," Sydney replied and she smacked the back of his head playfully. "But don't expect Liam to forgive you that easily. He was pretty pissed at you guys."

"Speaking of him-" Stiles tone suddenly turned serious, so unlike his usual bubbly self. "-I want you to be careful around him. He's a newly turned beta, and he can loose control really easily. I don't want you getting hurt."

Sydney turned to look at him, held up her hand and flicked her wrist in a swift motion, causing her claws to appear out of her fingertips, "I think I can handle him."

Stiles eyed her claws for a moment, a single eyebrow raised, before his lips pulled into a smirk, "Well, in that case, I want to ask you do to something for me."

"As long as it doesn't involve kidnapping or hurting the poor kid, I'm all in," Sydney said and crossed her arms over his chest.

"I want you to watch over him- make sure he doesn't loose control and kill someone. Be kind of like his babysitter, and calm him down in he starts to get too angry," Stiles kept his gaze on the road as he spoke, though he chanced a few glances towards his sister.

"A babysitter?" Sydney repeated and raised an eyebrow. Stiles nodded, and she shrugged. "Alright, I can do that."

>>

"Sydney, wait up!"

Sydney slowed her pace as Mason's voice rose above all others in the crowded hallway. In a second, he was by her side, walking alongside her with waves of annoyance radiating off of him. She knew he must have been pissed, after both she and Liam ditched him Friday night.

"So where were you?" Her best friend questioned, confirming her suspicions. He shifted his backpack on his shoulder, eying her out of the corner of his eye. "What came up Friday night that made it perfectly okay to ditch me?"

"Something that you can't know," Sydney said simply, keeping her gaze glued to the hallway in front of her. "Trust me, you don't want to know."

"If it has something to do with you and Liam getting it down, then you're right," Mason said and visibly recoiled with a shudder. "I don't want to know."

Sydney scrunched her nose in disgust and hit her friend across the arm, "That's just gross, Mase. Why would you think that?"

"Well, two people who I used to think were my best friends suddenly became so interested in each other, ditching class to go hang out on the lacrosse field, alone. They both disappear at a party, and I begin to hear growling and screams coming from outside," Mason explained with a shrug. "It's hard not to suspect something."

"We weren't ditching you."

"What?"

"We weren't ditching you," Sydney repeated flatly. She quickened her pace, maneuvering through the crowd of freshmen around her, raising her voice as she called back to her friend. "We were together, yes. But we didn't ditch you."

>>

// Liam isn't in this chapter and I'm sorry about that :( He'll appear in the next chapter, don't worry. And there's a lot of cute fluffy moments coming up, so prepare yourselves :3 \\