[ in which he is kidnapped ]

Despite the heat that ran through her veins like thick blood, Sydney found herself wrapping her arms tightly around her chest and shivering against the cool night breeze. Officers surrounded her, each of them inspecting the roof top carefully. Her eyes followed each one in turn, watching as they leaned down to get a closer look at scratch marks or specks of blood on the concrete roof.

Sydney's father- the sheriff of the Beacon County Police Department- stood in front of her, watching her closely and waiting patiently for her to speak.

"He didn't hurt you to bad, did he?" Her father asked slowly, eying her left shoulder in which she held tightly. Sydney lowered her hand from her shoulder, the bite wound that Sean inflicted on her had already healed completely, as if it were never there in the first place.

"It hurt at first," she spoke in a small, shaky voice, meeting her father's concerned gaze. "But only for a moment or two. It's all healed now."

"Scott told me that he called himself a Wendigo," the sheriff said to her, his words thick with confusion. "Have you ever heard of that?"

Sydney pursed her lips and shook her head. She had never seen anything like it before. Sean's teeth were like a shark's mouth, his white eyes shining in the dim light- it gave her the creeps, to say the least, and she had a feeling she would be having nightmares of the boy for a while. "Never heard of it."

One of her father's deputies, Jordan Perish, approached the two of them hesitantly, as if he were unsure whether he was interrupting some father-daughter time. Though the sheriff beckoned him towards them, his heartbeat quickening as he tore his gaze from his daughter's comforting, hazel eyes.

"There's no sign of the killer, sir," Deputy Parish said with a sigh as he approached the two. "He disappeared without a trace."

The sheriff pursed his lips, clearly frustrated with the whole affair, though he only simply nodded once. "Let's get everyone off the roof. And see if you can stall the ME for five minutes. I've got an expert of my own coming to take a look."

Deputy Parish cocked an eyebrow and spoke in a disbelieving tone, "You've an expert on teenage cannibals?"

Sydney's father rolled his eyes, "Five minutes, Parish."

The deputy nodded and took a step away from the pair, waving his arms around and ordering the rest of the officers to exit the rooftop. Just as they were disappearing through the doorway, Stiles pushed passed them. Her brother's eyes were wide, his shoulders heaving with deep breaths and his heartbeat racing as if he had been running.

"I got here as fast as I could," he huffed as he approached the father and daughter. He pulled his sister into a tight embrace, and she buried her face into his chest.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked her softly, rubbing for back comfortingly. Sydney nodded against his chest, though said nothing.

"Stiles, why don't you get her home," their father suggested from beside them. "She's pretty shaken up, and could do with a good night's sleep."

As soon as Stiles and Sydney were out of their father's eyesight, her brother immediately began bombarding her with questions.

"What did Sean look like? What did the killer look like? Is it true that he has no mouth?"

Though Sydney ignored every one of his questions, her fingers trailing along the railing on the wall. Over the past six months, she had seen many terrifying and disturbing things, but what she saw that night, it really got to her. She didn't know why she was so shaken up about fighting a supernatural cannibal- just a few months ago, she was fighting alongside Scott and his pack against Darachs and Alpha Packs and a Nogitsune who possessed her own brother. After all the shit she was put through, she had no idea why she disturbed by what she saw on the rooftop. Perhaps it had something to do with Liam; the kid was more than likely going to have nightmares for the rest of his life, and she wished that she could have somehow stopped him from being so curious.