[ in which she is a tease ]

Sydney's hand gripped Liam's tightly as he led her through the forest, a giggle falling from her lips every few seconds at the pout on his face. Only moments before, she had pushed him into the path of a large tree root that only she had seen, causing him to trip and fall onto his butt.

"Payback's a bitch," she had said whilst laughing her own ass off.

Liam led her towards a tiny stream that ran through the forest, the water rippling across tiny stones that had been thrown into it. He knew how much she liked rivers and other bodies of water, how she claimed that the sound they made soothed her. He was looking forwards to seeing her face light up like a child's on Christmas day whenever he showed her the tiny stream. Liam loved seeing her smile and laugh- the sight made his stomach do somersaults inside of him. Ever since they had left her house, Liam had done everything he could to make the girl laugh. He even tripped over a tree root (that she thought he had not noticed) and fell on his ass just to see her laugh.

Sure enough, just as he had predicted, Sydney's face lit up into a smile as she saw the small stream. Releasing her grip from his hand, she pushed past him and ran towards the water, picking up a rock and throwing it into the shallow ripples. Liam walked up beside her, watching her carefully as she continued to throw the stones into the stream. His hands were stuffed in the pockets of his gray and red hoodie, a wide grin stretched across his face- one that appeared without him even noticing.

Sydney went to toss another rock into the stream, though due to the flat bottom of her Chuck Taylor's, she slipped on the fallen pine needles and splashed into the water. Her shirt was soaked, though her eyes sparkled as she laughed nervously. Liam was by her side in an instant, helping her to her feet and leading her to the bank once more.

"Are you alright?" He questioned slowly, unable to hid his own laughter. It was quite funny, watching the look on her face whenever she lost her footing. Sydney nodded and ran a hand through her hair, the tips turning a dark blonde color due to the wetness.

"I'm fine," she insisted, though Liam pulled his eyebrows together in a look of concern as a cool breeze blew through the trees, causing her to shiver.

"Here." He pulled his hoodie over his head, leaving him only in a white tank top, and handed it to her. "Take my hoodie."

Though Sydney shook her head modestly, pushing the sweatshirt back towards him. "You'll be cold without it."

"Says the girl who is soaking wet in fifty degree weather," Liam retorted with a roll of his eyes, handing her the jacket once more. "I'll be fine. I don't want you to get sick."

"In case you haven't already caught on, werewolves are unable to get sick," Sydney said with a shrug, though she still took the hoodie from his arms. She slid it over her head, already feeling herself beginning to warm up. The strong scent of his aftershave came from the jacket, which only made her smile.

Liam wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulder, pulling her into his chest. Almost immediately after her head rested on his chest, he pulled away from her, his nose scrunched up slightly. "You smell like a wet dog," he teased lightly, a cheeky smirk pulling at the corners of his mouth.

Sydney's eyes widened, her mouth opening in a silent gape as she stared at the boy, "Really, a dog joke? You are really going there?" she asked flatly, narrowing her eyes. She knelt down on her knees and picked up a handful of dead pine needles while Liam only stared at her blankly, completely oblivious to what she was about to do. She quickly stood back up, throwing the pine needles down his shirt before bolting off in the opposite direction. Liam's startled screams almost immediately met her ears, though she was already over twenty feet away from him. The sounds of leaves crunching behind her told her that Liam was taking chase, his voice echoing through the empty forest.

"Just wait until I catch you!"

Sydney suddenly swerved to the left and out of Liam's sight. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked around frantically, his face pulled into a look of confusion. He was completely oblivious to the girl sneaking up to him from his left, only ten feet away from him. She then took off at a run, tackling Liam and pushing the boy against a nearby tree. His blue eyes were wide as he stared at her, only inches away from her own. She brought her hand up and brushed a stray bit of hair away from his face, a sly smile curling at her lips.

"What will you do to me?" Sydney asked cheekily. She cupped his cheek in his hand, the other wrapped tightly around his waist. She was pressed against Liam's body, her gaze focused on his slightly parted lips as he swallowed nervously. She sensed something- an emotion- radiating off of him... Hope.

Suddenly catching on, Sydney decided to tease the boy in front of her a bit. She traced his cheek bone with her finger slowly before removing her hand from his face. Pressing herself closer to his body, she ran the back of her index finger down Liam's forehead, to his temple, down his cheek and ran it lightly across his lips. The boy's heartbeat sounded as if it were about to leap right out of his chest, which only made Sydney laugh lightly. She leaned in ever so slightly, and then, pulling a smirk onto her lips, she pulled away from him, her hand trailing down his toned chest in the process.

Liam, who looked to be as tense as a rock, relaxed as she stepped away. Disappointment replaced the hope that she had sensed earlier, and his lips pulled into a slight frown.

"Why'd you tease me like that?" He whined, crossing her arms over his chest in a pout.

"Like what?" Sydney's eyebrows pulled together as she straightened out his hoodie against her body and smiled cheekily. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You acted like you were going to kiss me," Liam stated and took a step towards the girl, his own lips pulling into a smirk as he wrapped his arms around her waist. "That's not fair."

Sydney cocked an eyebrow, "Did you want me to kiss you?" She questioned, unable to hide the disbelief that laced her words.

Liam shuffled his feet nervously, his bright blue eyes focused on her pink lips, and grinned cheekily. "Maybe..."

Sydney suddenly looked away from the boy, feeling her cheeks heat up in a blush, and smiled slightly. "Maybe we should be heading back. It's beginning to get dark," she pointed out, looking up at the darkening sky through the canopy of trees. After all that she had been through in the past year, Sydney absolutely hated being out in the dark- especially now with a bunch of assassins wanting to kill her on the loose.

Though Liam didn't show any signs of moving. His grip tightened around the girl's waist and he grinned widely, "Dance with me."

"What?" Sydney asked and raised an eyebrow at him. "Right now? In the middle of the woods?"

"Right here, right now," Liam whispered, tightening his grip around her waist and pulling her flush against his chest. He began swaying her back and forth lightly, causing her to giggle, as no music played around them.

"There's no music," she mumbled against his chest, doing her best to look up into his beautiful eyes.

"Then imagine some," Liam retorted with a smile, pressing his forehead against hers. "Or sing something. Just dance with me, Syd."

Sydney suddenly pulled away from the boy slightly, and pulled her phone out of her pocket. Ignoring the several unread text messages she had from Stiles and her dad, she clicked onto her music and pressed shuffle. The acoustic version of Heaven by the Bryan Adams began playing softly, and she threw her phone onto the forest floor beside them.

"Now we can dance." She looked back at Liam and grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck. Once again, Liam pulled her against his chest, mumbling the words to the song in her ear- his voice sending shivers down her spine and causing her heart to flutter against her chest. There was only one thought that ran through Sydney Stilinski's mind as they swayed to the soft music in the middle of the forest that night:

I wish that we could stay like this forever.

>>

// AHHH MY GOD THIS CHAPTER GAVE ME THE FEELS AND THAT IS EXTREMELY RARE FROM MY OWN WRITING.

If you haven't already listen to the song at the beginning of the chapter, I highly recommend you to. It's the song Liam and Sydney danced to and it's one of my favorite songs ever honestly \\