[ in which they ditch class ]

Sydney rubbed her temples and groaned, struggling to figure out the first of twenty seven equations that their teacher had assigned the substitute to give the class. The substitute wasn't a very big help, either. He only ordered a kid to pass out the work sheets before plopping down at the desk and burying his face into his phone- which happened to look more like a tablet than an actual phone.

Because of her brother's surprisingly high IQ, every teacher had high expectations for Sydney Stilinski. She really did try her best, and she managed to maintain all A's for most of the marking periods, but Sydney did still have trouble figuring out the different between the area and the volume of a shape. Math was never her best subject, and she usually found herself dreading the hour that she had algebra.

The rest of the class worked at a fast pace, all of them seeming to have no trouble with the worksheet, while Sydney was stuck on the very first step of the very first question. With a groan of frustration, she slammed her pencil onto the desk in defeat, pushing the paper away from her with a look of disgust. She looked over at Liam beside her, thankful to see that he seemed to be having as much trouble as she did. His blue eyes were wide as he stared down at the worksheet, running a hand through his hair several times a minute. His gaze tore from the paper and he turned to look at Sydney. Grabbing his binder from underneath his desk, he tore a clean sheet of paper out of it and scribbled something down. He folded it over several times before tossing it onto Sydney's desk with a breathy chuckle.

After making sure the substitute wasn't looking, Sydney unfolded the paper and read Liam's messy handwriting with a small smile sketched across her face.

When the hell were we taught this?

She looked over at him and shrugged pathetically. Liam leaned towards her, she doing the same as he spoke quietly into her ear.

"Ask to go to the bathroom."

She pulled away and looked at him oddly, her eyebrow cocked. "Why?"

"Neither of us understand this, so why waste our time sitting in a classroom doing nothing for fifty more minutes?" Liam said in a hushed whisper.

"What are you suggesting?" Sydney questioned slowly. "Ditch class?"

Liam shrugged, a smirk playing at the corners of his lips, "Why not? It'll be fun."

Sydney returned the smirk, tapping an unknown rhythm on the desk with her pencil, "Why do you want me to go?"

Liam's smirk pulled in a smile- a real, genuine smile that made her heart flutter oddly, "Because I enjoy the company of beautiful girls." At his words, Sydney looked down at her feet, feeling her cheeks heat up in a blush. She felt his hand tap her shoulder, and she met his gaze once more.

"Ask," he pressed. "The fat ass is so distracted by his phone, he won't even think twice about the question."

With a roll of her eyes, Sydney raised her hand in the air. The substitute continued to stare at his phone- either he didn't notice her hand, or he just didn't care. Sydney pursed her lips and let out an exaggerated cough, causing Liam to bury his face into his sleeve as he laughed silently and pulling the substitute's face out of his phone.

"Yes, what is it?"

Sydney lowered her hand and smiled innocently, "May I go to the bathroom?"

The sub stared blankly at her, "Is it an emergency?" She nodded and he lowered his phone onto the desk, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning back in his chair. "If I don't allow you to go, will it kill you?"

Sydney subtly rolled her eyes, "Sir, I have a very severe bladder infection, and if I don't go pee in the next minute, I will probably end up messing myself. Now, as much as it would amuse the class to watch me pee myself, it would be quite embarrassing for me and a lot of extra work for you. So, unless you want to spend your free period cleaning up some random girl's pee, I suggest you allow me to go to the bathroom." Once again, her lips pulled into an innocent smile as she stared at the dumbfounded teacher.