[ in which she throws a party ]

During their lunch hour, Sydney found herself standing between two buses with Stiles, Scott, Lydia, Malia and Kira. Her brother and his usual pack of friends were deep in conversation, while Sydney only stood their in an awkward silence. She would have much rather been in the lunchroom, enjoying her lunch and socializing with her friends, but her brother begged her to come talk to him and his friends during the hour that had off for lunch.

"I'm not sharing my basement," Malia protested stubbornly, crossing her arms and sticking her bottom lip out in a pout. Sydney rolled her eyes, only half listening to what was being said between the group.

"Actually, it's my basement," Lydia pointed out matter-of-factly, raising a single finger in the air. She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at the werecoyote accusingly. "And my mom noticed how you tore it up last time."

"All right," Stiles stepped between the two quarreling girls, eying them both cautiously. "She's still learning."

"But we're going to use the boathouse for Liam. It's got support beams. We can chain him to one of them," Scott suggested, causing Sydney to snap her gaze towards him.

She shook her head with a groan, her hands finding their way to her temples, "Oh, no. Please don't tell me you're really doing this..."

The group ignored her completely, and she began to question why exactly she was still with them when she could easily sneak away and still have enough time to eat lunch.

"But how do we get him out to the lake house if he doesn't trust us?" Kira questioned, crossing her arms over her chest and cocking an eyebrow.

"I say if it keeps him from murdering someone we chloroform the little bastard and throw him into the lake," Stiles said with a mere shrug, earning a glare and a harsh shove in the ribs from his little sister.

Beside him, Malia raised her hand, her eyes shining with agreement, "I'm in."

"We're not killing or kidnapping him," Scott groaned impatiently, staring at Stiles and his girlfriend harshly in order to get his point across.

"How about you just leave the poor boy alone and let him continue with his life," Sydney suggested, though once again, she was ignored completely. A sigh of defeat falling from her lips, she crossed her arms and leaned against the bus behind her.

"Let's be smarter," Lydia said with a shrug. "We tell him there's a party and invite him."

"So, you're going to ask out a freshman?" Stiles questioned, a hint of jealousy lacing his words.

Lydia scoffed and shook her head, "No. I'm done with teenage boys. But I do know someone who has been quite interested in our little beta here lately." She popped her lips and turned to Sydney, looking at her expectantly. "I saw the two of you on the lacrosse field this morning."

"On the lacrosse-" Stiles whipped around to look at his little sister, his brown eyes wide. "What?"

Though Sydney completely ignored her brother; she was too busy staring at Lydia as if she just grown a second head. "You want me to trick Liam into attending your so-called 'party'? No way."

"Come on, Sydney," Lydia sent the girl a smile, batting her eyelashes in an innocent way. "It won't be too hard to get him to go with you. He's heads over heals for you."

What Lydia said hit Sydney like a bolt of lightning, and she blinked rapidly as she fought to process her words. Though once she got over her mini-faze of shock, she shook her head once more. "Sorry, but it's not happening. I'm not helping you guys kidnap someone."